SPOILERS! |Ray| Ash

Alternative Title: Avengers Remake

A/N: Yes, I made this story for a cruel joke. Not gonna lie, I've been thinking of making a Ray x Reader with the song "Burn" from Hamilton or "Playing With Fire" by BLACKPINK

Genre: Angst, Casino!AU, Performer!Reader

Guide:
(Y/N): Your First Name
(F/N): Your Friend's Name

(Y/N)'s POV

"(Y/N)? Are you ready?" (F/N) asked as she peeked into my dressing room. I applied the finishing touches to my hair and stood up.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a minute," I said as I dusted my outfit and went out of the room. As we walked up to the stage, (F/N) kept looking at me with worried-filled eyes. I looked back at them and gave them a sad smile.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine," I reassured as I greeted the crowd with a small smile. Cheers and whistles were heard in every corner. I grabbed my microphone tightly and held it close to my lips as the music played in the background. With every note, I could still see vividly the events that had happened that led to me writing this song.

"What's left to say?
These prayers ain't working anymore"

'Please God... Please don't let him do this... Don't let him throw his life away...' I prayed as hard as I could, hoping the worst wouldn't become reality.

A few days ago

I felt my blood run cold as I read each word from the letter. I grabbed a chair and re-read it once again, hoping I was wrong.

Dear (Y/N),

        If you received this letter, then I have made my mind about my plan. In order for my family to escape, I need to make a sacrifice. The night before my birthday, I'll set a fire in the casino and the house, with me included. I'm sorry I broke our promise, but this is the only way that I can think of. I hope you'll forgive me. Live your life freely when I'm gone, I'll always be here. Loving you and wishing for the best for you.

Love, Ray

End

"(Y/N)?" a voice called out as they hastily knocked on the door. I turned my head and saw that it was (F/N).

"Every word shot down in flames
What's left to do with these broken pieces on the floor?
I'm losing my voice calling on you"

"What's wrong?" I asked as they quickly pulled me up.

"A fire started nearby and it's spreading really fast. We all need to evacuate," they said as they dragged me out of my dressing room. I felt my stomach drop as we quickly walked in the hallway.

"A fire? Where?" I asked with dread. They looked at me with confusion as we fast-walked out of the building.

"At the Grace Fie-" I felt my chest tighten at her answer. I quickly run out of the building, not letting her finish and went straight to Grace Field. As I ran out, I saw a large smoke coming from Grace Field. With every step, I felt my throat getting tighter with every step.

'Wait, (Y/N)!" (F/N) called out as they pulled me away, barely evading the burning neon sign.

"It's too dangerous here!" they warned.