(S.2) Chapt.40

AS their laughter had dissipated into nothing but thin air, Chase began "So, how are we going to stop Sweetie? It'll be harder now since we're all down to. . . Two." Skye placed a paw on her chin to think, though nothing came to her. Once again, her mind fogged with nothingness and she obviously didn't like the idea that she's clueless as of the moment. "I think it'd be best if we settle down for the night and get a good night's sleep" Skye suggests as it was soon followed by a yawn; Chase did not argue since the thing he's wanting the most right now aside from wanting the truth is some rest. ". . .Sure" He replies sleepily with a weary smile plastered along with it.

«———❁✿❁———»

          "Chase. . . Chase!!" The Cockapoo whispers as she gently shook the still fast asleep German Shepherd to wake, he was quite stubborn at waking up and had grunted and whined a few words of leaving him alone to sleep. Her eyes couldn't help but roll at this, though as much as she wants to let him sleep and she'll do the same – what she has to say is important, plus, it's morning and they mustn't waste any more time from saving their friends from Sweetie's evil clasp. Skye remembered Marshall's great sacrifice last night, she could see how he was in so much pain though ignored all that just to toss them ahead of him, she began to worry his safety and if he had recovered properly, though knowing that pooch, he probably hasn't. Instead, he is manipulated by the evil pooch to do the dirty works for her.

          Shaking Chase – this time with more force, finally had woken up "GAH?! Uh— hum?" He rubbed his eyes to wake and found that same Cockapoo he shared the cold night with. The night wasn't really comfortable for him like the last night they spent with Marshall. It was more irritable to sleep as they had open wounds and the rich soil are brushing against their wounds. He just hoped that their wounds doesn't get infected easily – though probably it wouldn't since they have a different immune system than those of humans.

          "Why'd you wake me up?" He finally replies as he sat himself at a much comfortable position, as he does, he found Skye looking at him with a positive aura all around her face, Chase couldn't help himself but let himself get infected by her contagious smile. It's the type of infection he'd allow that get to him. Chase chuckles "What's with the bright aura Skye?" He questions.

          The smile on Skye's face simply grew, knowing Chase seems interested and curious in what lies behind her smile "Okay, I think I know what caused them to be like this. I've heard Marshall say something like: once you let anger win over you, it'll take control of you, and there's nothing that could stop it but to sate its desire. And I think Sweetie took advantage of their anger lately" The male pup in front of her had his jaw dropped open upon hearing her conclusion. "You're a genius!" Chase exclaims as a smile spreads across his face "So, what'll be our plan Skye?"

          Skye looked at him, a smirk soon grew within her lips at the idea that had formed in her head. Her smile was so contagious and assuring, that Chase himself had a smile similar to the one she has.

«———❁✿❁———»

Slap!

          "This is what you get for being so stupidly useless!" Sweetie yells as she slaps Rocky really hard with a fiber rope, pain stung him as he flinched at the unpleasant sensation that resonates from his chest – the place where Sweetie decided to harm him. Though that wasn't the only spot he was slapped by the rope, it had landed on his back, legs, behind, paws, the cheeks. . . There was no absolute mercy written on her face but pure anger and masochism (though not sexually.) that runs in her vein.