(S.2) Chapt.35

"LET HER GO!" The German Shepherd yells as he noticed how the Cockapoo could potentially die with how she is holding her, so with no hesitation, Chase tackled the white pooch down to the ground "Oh sure Chase, you'll protect her now, but soon. . . You'll come back running to me" Her evil laugh rang in the midst of the night before she vanished under Chase, and all he could see was the lawn where Sweetie used to be pinned down by him. His vision began to shake and blur a little, he felt like he was going to pass out when he realized he hasn't checked Skye yet "S-skye! Are you okay—" He suddenly took a step back when he found her glaring at him with the same eyes that used to look at him sweetly with her bright smile accompanying it "Y-YOU TRUSTED THAT. . . HER?" She yells, still keeping her distance from him, not believing that he's been disappearing because of her. That same wicked canine that caused a great negative impact on the PAW Patrol, how in the world did Chase, the witty pup in the group, who verily hated Sweetie's plans and detest her greatly for it trusted her? "S-she said she k-knew everything!" Chase defended as his voice grew louder. Irritation grew within Skye to how he could think so irrationally because to start off with it, she's not part of the PAW Patrol and she had just popped out of nowhere and once he heard she knows everything, he trusts her? "WELL SO DO I! AREN'T I ENOUGH?" She argued, her tears threatened to fall so she halted herself from speaking a moment before she continued further "Y-YOU DIDN'T FEEL UNSAFE—?"

          "I-I DID BUT I—"  Skye stopped him from finishing his sentence and had spoke already "THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU TRUST HOW YOU FEEL?"

          "I. . . " The Cockapoo took a deep breath and tried to coo him down "Sorry I yelled at you. It's just. . . Everything's been crazy lately and. . . I-I don't even want to talk about it. Let's just get some shut eye, shall we?" Once Chase knew she had calmed herself down and he didn't detect any threat, he gave in and sighed "Y. . . Yeah, we should."

«———❁✿❁———»

          It was another day, means another beginning, but that doesn't always mean that the day ahead of you will always progress to the way you wanted. Chase had a good night's sleep after a few days, he had always struggled to sleep peacefully with a perfect length of sleeping time since he and Sweetie usually end their conversation around somewhere near midnight, and his usual routine is to wake up by five to seven in the morning. Basically, he developed a bad sleeping habit lately and having a good one last night was a blessing to him. Feeling better already, he's suddenly hit with a wave of sudden realization. The German Shepherd began to run to his neighbour and saw a Marshall who's slumbering peacefully in his kennel – the dally was smiling genuinely and did small movement from his dreams and murmured things that when you hear it were even barely actual words.

          The pup who looks upon him had a smile plastered on him once he found Marshall having a fun dream. Unlike him here, he feels like walking through a nightmare lately, it was like a scam where they tell you something too good to be true, and when you give in to the temptation of taking a peek to take sight what's behind that curtain and you see nothing but the sheer darkness that lies behind something you thought was good. It finally felt like having an unstoppable virus injected into your computer system and had corrupted everything and there's no way out but to give up the set and abandon it – basically like abandoning your own life into the hands of death. Although Chase didn't like the idea of stopping there just yet, something in him just feel incomplete and the need to fulfill something. He hasn't explored the whole world yet, and he had completely forgotten who he is and is pretty much determined to know more about himself, and he's hoping and waiting for something worth to come. However, Chase himself knows he's still far from achieving that and he still has a lot to cross and the obstacles are still waiting for him to conquer them one by one. It was a challenge he'd gladly battle, be that as it may, he felt drained and powerless from the past few days and he is still mentally exhausted. He took a long sigh upon feeling like he's back to square one and had sat beside the kennel to stay still and muster up everything into one neat folder.

          "What's wrong?" Someone questions his doings, this made Chase look up to see the Dalmatian finally awake with full of curiosity. Feeling a little awkward that he caught him off-guard, he tried his best to politely reply back "Uh. . . N-nothing! I just wanted to uh. . . Say sorry I bursted my anger to you, I was just really tired" Marshall only warmly smiled at this and hugged him immediately "It's fine Chase, it's in the past now" He quotes then lets go of him and still had that same genuine smile pasted on him "You're the best Marshall. Honestly, y-you shouldn't even accept my apology for what I did" Chase replies in utter shock. How can this Dalmatian take flying knives shot through his body and pull it out all by himself, repair himself from the damage and patch up the leaking blood of his own thoughts, smile like nothing ever happened and still got to forgive someone and not hold grudges? Oh, bless his soul.

          Marshall began to pat his back and gave him a hug again, and being in the arms of his friend, he felt safe and finally welcomed and accepted. Finally feeling that sense of belonging. He considered himself foolish for astraying away from the PAW Patrol and think such they were the bad guys, but from what he'd seen last night? I think he'll choose PAW Patrol more than anything, although what worries him is. . . That may change if Sweetie could still cleverly manipulate his own mind, but as of the moment, it's safe to say that he won't be falling for her tricks. Marshall and Chase then lets go of each other and said "Let's grab some breakfast, you wanna?" The German Shepherd nodded in agreement when Skye ran to them with a very panicked face. "GUYS YOU GOTTA COME WITH ME" She panickly states as she rushes back to where she came from. The duo looked at each other and ran after her knowing that it seems really serious that she rushed to them.

          Once they've arrived to where the Cockapoo halted, they heard a loud noise coming from somewhere not so far, and to their surprise – Zuma, Rocky and Rubble were fighting with each other. The three other pups who were clearly not fighting with each other just stood there in utter shock, since when do they aggressively fight this way? Luckily Ryder had stepped in and tried to separate the three "Okay you three stop—" Rubble began to growl as his eyes glowed in a threatening way as if a hungry wolf itself formed within him "YOU STAY OUT OF THIS RYDER" and with no control of himself, he had scratched his hand and three parrallel lines that soon ooze blood out appeared on his skin. "LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO WYDER!" Zuma yells as he runs to Ryder to check on him and used himself to serve as Ryder's shield. Rocky on the other hand rushed to Ryder as well and checked on him. Their quarrel carried on and soon it grew ear-bleeding and it got to that point where Ryder couldn't take it anymore as his last rope of patience had burnt away with his anger "STOP FIGHTING"

          When Ryder yelled his words, filled with tiredness in his sentence, soon the four quarrelling figures suddenly stood motionless.