(S.2) Chapt.22

SKYE just looked at him with eyes wide-open, and Chase began to feel uncomfortable from the look he was receiving from her. The Cockapoo felt her sweat turn cold and everything around her freeze. "Y-you mean. . . You don't know what happened. . . The previous days?" She asked, and Chase nodded in affirmation "You must be playing games on me Chase" she concluded "I know you knew what happened. We were running out of a cave!" The male in front of him, meters away, sighed "I don't know you and I don't know where you stand in my life. But I just don't know what happened okay?! I don't even know who I am!!" He yelled, as tears welled up in his eyes "And all I know is I am Chase for the fact you and everyone else call me that". He exhaled and inhaled rapidly, and the Cockapoo flinched once his loud voice vibrated out of his system "Or so what I thought my name was." Skye's head tilted in fear and confusion and had questioned where he even got that idea from. "I'm. . . I'm sorry. I just. A lot of people kept saying I'm this and that. But nothing just makes sense lately."

          When Skye remained silent, the awkward silence had swarmed them once more "I'll be just waiting outside for some guy who claimed to take care of us." Once he felt that no one's going to bother breaking the icy-tension they've created between them, so he decided to leave the ward to escape the slowly descending temperature that'll both freeze them to place. As the ward became much lonelier than before, a familiar face appeared rushing in her ward with a frantic look once it was put to a halt. Ryder. "You and Chase had a fight?" He began, as he looks at Skye for a response "I guess you could say that. . ." A painful smile appeared as she avoids eye contact with him.

"The Vet said he's got a
temporary amnesia.
If we help him,
he just might get his
memory back"

          Basking the daylight from her puphouse, she's been wondering those exact words Ryder said. How does she exactly contribute something for Chase to remember and re-gain his lost memories? Marshall showed Chase around the look-out and pointed out where their favorite play-spot was. Rocky re-introduced him to his vehicles and how to operate them, Zuma helped him operate his pup-packs along the way too. While Rubble showed him every pup-treats there ever was in-stored in the Look-Out, but he highlighted the treats he highly recommends (a.k.a the treat flavors he likes). Ryder even took his time to tour him around town! While her in the other hand. . . Hadn't done anything much yet. Except for greeting "hello"s and "good morning"s, from "see you tomorrow"s to "good night"s.

          It's not that she's bummed he had forgotten everything from the past. It's just that. She could feel an awkward tension building up between them once they cross paths. Chase would look at her blankly and he'll begin to have the urge to flee, yet remained to stay as he awaits if she has anything to say. Skye exactly has the same thought and knew Chase doesn't want to linger their staring contest any longer. And every time she'd attempt to strike a conversation, he'll simply smile awkwardly and leave. She doesn't exactly get why he's gotten awkward around her. But with everyone else. . . He seems to be comfortable nonetheless.

          "Skye?" A voice called her name, she looked up to see her old time best-friend, Zuma the Chocolate Lab "Oh, hey Zuma" she politely greets back, smiling at him "Mind if I hang out with you for a lil' while?" She shook her head, so the Lab lay out of her puphouse and had a position that is facing towards her. There was a short silence between them, and at the short moment, they had no idea what to speak about. The last time they had a decent conversation was. . . Probably the Barkingburg Crown incident. Days after that, things got absolutely messed up and Skye's been held as hostage and bait for her team.

          "Why're you here?" Zuma finally asks, breaking the deafening silence between them "Uhm. . . Enjoying the company of my puphouse?" She replies, although it was more of a question if it was a valid answer. The Chocolate Lab, obviously not happy with what she's doing, dragged her bed outside by clenching her bed with his mighty teeth "Z-zuma!! What in the world are you doing?" Skye questions, obviously flabbergasted. Releasing the grip from her mattress, he rolls his olive-green eyes "I'm cutting your sulky-session short" he explains. Skye began to giggle at this and stood up from where she was "Oh Zuma. . . Sweet innocent Zuma" Skye sways her head lowly with a smile, she pats his back and tries to refrain her giggles within her.