(S.1) Chapt.8 - Pup Pup Boogie

It was morning, and Skye was playing her favorite game. Pup Pup Boogie. There was supposedly to be a new game releasing today, but she decided to play the old one before the delivery arrives and Ryder updates the game.

As she steps the pad that corresponds to the right step on the screen, she heard someone barking. "Rarf!! Excuse me, Ryder, sir?"

Chase. Yup. Skye knew it was him, but she just continues to dance. But the scene behind her continues "What's the hurry Chase?" He asks, while the song carries on to play freely.

"Is the new and improved "Pup Pup Boogie 2: Extra Dancing" here yet?" He questions, as he adds "I heard it was coming on the next train."

Skye heard this, and went to explain Chase that it won't be updated, at least not now, as she was still dancing on the old one.

"You want to try it too?" She suggested, as she glances back for a bit, to catch his chocolate brown eyes fixated to her. When she got a glimpse of it, she swung her head back to the screen, scared to miss any step.

Chase smiled as he says "Alright, let's boogie!" As he joins her by using the other dance pad. The song carries on. Their pup paws stepped the button like what's indicated on the screen.

As they danced away, there was a quacking sound "Uh oh" he said, but Skye continues to dance. When the dance had ended, Chase just stood there in awe "Woah, nice moves Skye!" He compliments with a smile.

"Skye, how can you do all those tough moves without messing up?" As he tilts his head in wonder. Skye giggles as she explains "I have a trick! When I learn a step for the first time, I say the moves out loud, like this."

She then, demonstrates "Front paw, front; back paw, side." Then, Chase repeated her as he tested it on his own "I'm getting it!"

The two danced away in synchronize "Get ready to sit up and tailspin! Tailspin!" The both said, as they spin around using their tails.

But due to the acceleration of their spin, they were thrown back off the game pads. "Woah! Oof!" They said, as they landed somewhere on the floor.

Ryder looked to the screen as he laughs "Look, you both made the next level". Chase and Skye looks to the screen to make sure he wasn't lying. To their surprise, they did!

Chase cheered on, but had decided to take a water break, as he went to his water bowl to drink. As he went out, Rubble and Marshall entered "Is the new Pup Pup Boogie here?" He asked.

As Marshall agrees "I can't wait! I've been working on my tailspin, watch!" As he attempts to do his said 'tail spin'. But his tail failed him, as he crashed. Luckily, Ryder got him "Nice catch, Ryder!"

Ryder smiles at him, when he got a phone call from the Mayor of Adventure Bay. As Mayor Goodway told him all about her concerns "Don't worry Mayor Goodway" he says to reassure her.

"No job is too big! No pup is too small!" As he presses a button on his pup pad and calls all the pups "Paw Patrol, to the look-out!!"

"Ryder needs us!"

The pups then went rushed to the elevator. When all pups have gathered in the elevator, the elevator door closed and slowly brought them up.

All the pups were changed into their mission attires. When the elevator door swung open, all the pups jumped out from it and landed neatly. "Ready for action, Ryder, sir!" Chase mentions loud and clear.

For the mission in helping the train, Ryder called up Chase and Rubble for the mission. As Chase and Rubble said their catch-phrases, Ryder yells "Alright, Paw Patrol is on the roll!!" As he slides down the pole that leads to his quad bike.

The pups all howled, while Chase and Rubble slides down to their vehicles. While the three were gone. Skye looked at Zuma "You up for a Pup Pup Boogie dance-off?" With a challenging look.

Zuma returned the look to her "You're on puppy dudette!" As the two rode the slide down, so they could be on the ground floor. "Maybe dancing could distract me from the loneliness" she thought, as her usual smile covers her thoughts.

When the two competitive buddies had reached the pup pup boogie game, Skye immediately  turned the game on. The iconic picture of the pup pup boogie game popped out of what used to be a black screen.

The chocolate Labrador selected a song "Hey! What about this song from a popular artist?" Zuma asks, as he found a song where he could be satisfied to dance along with. Skye looked at the screen, as she tilted her head too wonder. "Yeah!" she barked, then did a back flip.

"Let's do this Zuma!" Skye said, as she stepped on the pad, while Zuma did as well.

Sometimes I wonder when you sleep
Are you ever dreaming of me?
Sometimes when I look into your eyes
I pretend you're mine, all the damn time'Cause I like you

Is it cool that I said all that?
Is it chill that you're in my head?

'Cause I know that it's delicate (delicate)Yeah, I want youIs it cool that I said all thatIs it too soon to do this yet?'Cause I know that it's delicate

When the song had ended, both Skye and Zuma were tied up. "Woah Skye, you're pretty good at this!" Zuma says in awe, looking back at the screen to check if his eyes did not misread Skye's points. Skye just laughs "Thanks Zuma" as they continued to dance.

Maybe after two more rounds, they allowed Marshall, and Rocky to play the game.

After an  hour, Chase, and Rubble had returned to the look-out, along with Ryder and Mayor Goodway, and Chickaletta. Ryder showed the pups the new game has arrived. All the pups howled, while Chickaletta clucked happily.

When Ryder had finished setting up the game, Skye immediately played the game. Chase watched her play solo for awhile, then Chase later asked Ryder if he could play with Skye "I mean, boogie with Skye?"

Ryder laughs and smile at him "You sure can! You were awesome today" as Chase happily ran to the second pad, that's beside Skye. "What good pup..." he trails off, while he happily watches the two pups dance.

Later...

Everyone had finished their dinner. Zuma then groaned as he made a beeline to the slide "Agh... My paws hurt so badly... I never knew you could be so competitive Chase..." he groaned, as he and Chase both slid down. "I'm a pup! I love to play and be competitive"

Then, they both and landed on the dusty ground "I'll keep that in mind next time. And in the next dance marathon, I won't go easy on you Chase" Zuma says, trying to sound intimidating. But Chase just laughs it off "Alright Zuma~ I'll see you tomorrow though. Better get some rest if you don't want me to beat you again" as he walks away.

"I sure will pup-dude!" he yells from the distance, as he heads for his doghouse as well. With Chase, he passes by Skye's doghouse then to his, as his doghouse was near Skye's. In the earlier years of installing the doghouses, Skye and Chase had requested for their houses to be near each other. Which Ryder happily accepted it, and did as that.

So, their doghouses are still beside each other, even up until today. While Chase get in to his doghouse to get ready for slumber, he heard Skye humming... "Sometimes I wonder when you sleep. Are you ever dreaming of me? Sometimes when I look into your eyes. I pretend you're mine, all the damn time. 'Cause I like you~"

"Who is she talking about?"