(S.2) Chapt.31

"BECAUSE I'M TIRED OF BEING LONELY" Marshall tells as his tears soaked his fur up. Chase just stood there in complete shock, not believing that he had now has his walls down and was a complete emotional wreck. The first time he woke up, he felt nothing but void, but that changed when Marshall decided to lend a paw and guide him, he felt less lonely when Marshall would joke with him, even if it didn't make complete sense, somehow. . . He'll find himself smiling at the joke. "M-marshall?" He whispers, the Dalmatian just stood there in shock with his eyes opened wide upon the realization hitting him that he just burst. He knows that Rubble's already looking at him – standing there, completely lost for words. Instead, he just sucked it up and tried to change the topic "A. . . Anyways. I think Skye's back. I don't want to disrupt your one-on-one with her" He sniffed as he went to his pup house with Rubble walking behind him. Then, a loud roar of engine appeared from behind him, it was Ryder and the rest who we're called on duty. After neatly docking away their vehicles and reverting them back to their homes, Zuma and Rocky decided to play a game of ball - right after they find more players to play with, and as for Skye, she heads off to Chase "Shall we. . . Start?" She cautiously asks, considering she sensed an aura she doesn't dare to play with. It took quite a moment before he nodded and both had walked off to a nearby tree.

«———❁✿❁———»

          Ryder was searching for the other pups since the surrounding was awfully much quiet than the past few days. Even the usual play spot they use were too lonely to even look at it, the only thing that keeps it less lonely are the voices of Chase and Skye ringing in the distance. "Pups?" He calls out, wanting to end the deafening silence he's hearing. Soon enough, he heard sounds, but it wasn't exactly the sound he's searching for – cry. Rushing towards Marshall's house, he found the other pups huddled around the Dalmatian who buried his face between his front paws.

         "What's wrong Marshall?" Ryder questions as he bent down and knelt to get a better view of Marshall. He found him frozen in one position, concealing his other side, a side that no one knows until now, yet at the same time still quite unclear. Ryder - up to this day, still wondered what Marshall could be hiding from then still. Never in his life was he secretive like his pal Chase. He was quite open and easily leaks his emotions, that once you hurt him, he'll become mute, yet. . . No matter how many times you hurt him, he'd come around soon and forgive like nothing ever happens. Yes, he was joyful despite of any situation, even if his life was in danger, he'd somehow still find a way to put a smile. But today seemed different. You could say it was same old, but what made every thing nerve-wracking was he wasn't saying a single soul whereas he usually does. "Marshall? Marshall?" Rubble coos his friend, slightly rocking him sideways in hope he'll snap out of it, but nothing's working. A sigh escaped from Ryder "This is something new. . ." He admits, looking at Marshall and back at Chase who's with Skye under the shade of a tree "You said it Ryder" Rocky agrees, feeling bad for his spotted-friend for finding himself in that kind of unfortunate state. "Let's give him some space first pups" The boy decides, as he came to a conclusion that they'll never get anything from Marshall if he'll remain mute in the midst of possibly pouring his emotions out. The three other pups nodded as they went to play something else that doesn't involve four players – tag.

          Once everyone had stood up from their places and left Marshall with his own ropes to untie and clear up, he began to weep to himself as his diaphragm rises and falls inconsistently. He felt a metal chain clasping around his neck, then found nothing but the haunting water that suffocates not only his throat but his mind that fills up with water every moment he continues to let his body sink down to the endless ocean of his dark thoughts. A place he hadn't visited for quite awhile. A place he just usually pass by to look and continue his road of happiness in fear he might suddenly have an odd wave of urge to take a dive in it. He's been doing a good job of ignoring the nagging voices that vibrate through his head. Two words that he've heard enough that made him numb, yet he knows those same two words can change his mind otherwise anytime – "Come back". Try as he could to convince himself that they'll never get a hold of him, and that their first attempt will also be their very last. . . Something he stashed away until it reached to his very back of his mind, and that was he was expecting it to come back anytime. The only problem was. . . He doesn't know when, and kept questioning himself "When?", and never knew it will be answered today.

" Come back. "

«———❁✿❁———»

         Skye and Chase continued to converse with each other, establishing a topic that involves Chase's past – which was really the whole purpose why they are talking right now. Honestly, Skye hated the thought of it at first, she hated to see the fuming glare he would give her, or the plain ghostly stare he darts at her. As time grew, she was starting to become comfortable with him once more, but still, she's still careful with her words. Skye sees Chase as a time bomb. Very unexpected in his own ways, and that goes both either positively or in a negative way. Unexpectedly positive – that you'll never know what tricks he has up on his sleeves to surprise you or to make you smile. And unexpectedly negative – that you'll never know when he'll burst into anger. But that other side was something that show up the rarest as he'd done his very best to keep it deep down to avoid anyone getting hurt with his own words that he didn't think of thoroughly. But nowadays though, not everyone can say the same that he's been cautious with his emotions, he's been open lately and it involves anger. No one's quite sure how to put it into words, cause they definitely know neither if this was a good thing or not. Skye was doing her best to bring up his past, in hope something in his mind will ring the bell, and what makes her so hopeful and full of determination, was that she made him remember something from the past. It wasn't really big, it was just a remnant of it - something, or someone he can't possibly forget as it was close to his heart. Solar.

          She remembered how she stressed the whole hour after she found out that he was slowly gaining his memory from his sister. That she feared if she doesn't do any progress in their next one-on-one, she's wasting time. But she still tried to help Chase no matter what, even if she was really on the verge of giving up. But then realized, that she can't leave Chase without seeing him smile genuinely once more. Maybe. . . It was love. The word she's been so ever confused with, something she couldn't even say without getting her tongue twisted into knots. Maybe that's why she's still here beside him, still helping him even if these days, everything was completely confusing to understand and wrap around on their heads.

          "H-hey Skye?" Chase finally spoke, stopping Skye on her track and listened to him "C. . . Can we just don't do this anymore?" He began as he looked away from her, clearly avoiding her eyes and were more willing to look at the green pointy-herbs known as grass. Skye blinked her eyes multiple times to check if she's awake "W-wait" She stammers "What brought this up?" Her heart- no. Head, pounded strongly as she was hit with a wave of confusion that Chase caused, why would he want to stop? Has he finally gotten his memories back? But why is he still so different from his past self, and still the same from the 'first-second time' they met? He didn't possibly get it all back, and there was nothing that would convince Skye other than the German Shepherd himself. "This isn't just working. . . "

"So let's just stop this."