(S.1) Chapt.6 - Inseparable

The next day, it was a day for the pups to rest. It was Sunday, so they really do deserve some break after six days of training.

As every pup were outside playing. Chase was kind enough to tell Skye what she missed. "So you were the first to be here?" She asked.

Chase nodded "Yeah, it was quite lonely at first, not until Marshall came along". "So after you two have arrived, who came next?"

The German Shepherd placed a paw on his snout to think. "I think it was Zuma, we found him by the beach, then Rocky came next. We found him by the trashes..."

Skye whimpered at hearing upon that. "It's nice that you've saved him" she compliments him as he laughs "It's what Ryder aims to. And I just follow by his footsteps. It's actually fun rescuing people and animals!! After you saved them, they'll give you warm smiles"

Skye smiled upon hearing that "Yeah, I guess so" she agreed. "Say... I want to know more about, you" Chase says. The Cockapoo was quite startled to hear upon that.

Nobody had really want to hear her story, ever. I guess that one time back there at the mountain, resulting of everyone to ask her about it for comfort.

But this time she wasn't down and in need of comfort. "R-really?" She stammered, still taken aback. Chase nods with a grin "Then, I'll tell you more about me too!"

Skye laughs at his enthusiasm. "Okay then" she replies in between laughs "I had an owner, it was a girl named Olivia. She's eleven years old when she had left me... I was bought at the animal shelter, and got adopted by Olivia!.. I spent my helpless puppy years there. But when I just had started to get consciousness, after five days when I was capable of doing such things like a normal pup... I was betrayed"

"The time that... She pushed you?" He asked, Skye nods, and Chase's head lowers and whimpers. "I'm sorry to hear that..." he quietly says, as his eyes were full of concern and guilt "I wish you've never gone through that... You're such a wonderful pup. You don't deserve any of those"

Her cherry pink eyes widened, within just days, how come Chase was this way to her? Its as if they've known each other for a long time and had already knew how she acts.

"H-how can you even tell I'm a good pup? Who knows? I might have done something unforgivable..."

Chase became confused "What do you mean? I'm sure you haven't. And if you have, I'm sure you'd regret it and try fixing it. Plus, I could already tell by just looking at you, I know there's pure goodness in your heart"

She felt her heart dip down. Then, flew again to its position. Then, felt her heart soar as if it's a bird. What is this feeling? It was such a good feeling within her. Is this some kind of magic? Holy cow.

"Skye? Skye!!" The male pup yelled as this snapped Skye from her train of thought "Y-yes?" She stammered, knowing she've done probably something stupid, like not listening to him, not responding, or either looking at him creepily.

Chase's face became lonely all of a sudden. "Are you feeling okay? You look sick" this made Skye gulped, I guess I was lost in thoughts she thought as she faced back to reality again.

"Uh... yeah. I was just uhm... Thinking of something" as her cheeks flushed into rosy pink, and looks away from Chase to hide her embarrassment.

But to Chase saw her flushed face, which to him was quite adorable of her. (Puppy love!! Get it?)

"Anyway... Any more questions?" Chase asks. Skye just laughs it off with her usual one "Well~" the two pups spent their hours talking, laughing, joking, and doing everything together.

As time grew old, Skye learnt how sweet and funny he could be. While Chase on the other hand, learnt how more than special she was.

How talented she was, that she have won many contests in the past. Such as swimming, and simple gymnast activities. He found out how this girl could stay strong after a huge betrayal from he owner, whom she loved so dearly. Even still now.

How could this pup deserve such horrifying and pain-staking experience? He thought. "Thanks for sharing all those to me Skye" Chase smiles "Don't be humble, you eased me to it. Besides, I should be the one thanking you" she replies.

Before anyone could speak another single phrase or word. Ryder had called all the pups for lunch. Which they had obeyed immediately.

As every pup eats, Chase and Skye gave each other glances every now and then. By just looking within hazel and cherry blossom eyes, both knew they were smiling. Content of what they heard and what each had gone through.

They were closer ever than before. Probably... Even closer than any pups! Which was impressive.

This is a start of a beautiful friendship...