(S.2) Chapt.25

A pair of eyes were looking high above the skies. Stars were burning brightly tonight, and it was a very warm night. The mysterious night had cloaked day away under its dazzling cape. From afar, city lights cast their city lights and from a  good distance, they all look like busy fireflies working through the night. Chase was still up -- wide awake and gazed longingly at the stars. One name kept ringing in his head, and that was Solar. He looked intensely at it and tried to picture her, but all he could create in his head was something vague. Trying to imagine how she would look like. . . Somehow it ended up shifting into someone he had recently talked to.

«———❁✿❁———»

          "Yeah, you helped. . . Quite a lot" Skye remarks. Chase noticed how nostalgic her smile was, and it probably was the first sincere smiles he've seen [after the incident] "How'd. . . I help you?" He asks out of curiosity. It took quite a moment before she had properly answered this "Oh. You know. . . You helped me ease in the team and those stuff. The usual" silence once more enveloped her and that smile she just wore soon disappeared within a blink of an eye. But something about this seems incomplete "That's all?" He tilts his head, now facing her. Skye slowly nodded as a response, and Chase somehow felt she hesitated for a bit.

          Sighing, after the German Shepherd himself concluded that maybe she still remembers that awkward first meet they had. . . And she couldn't just shake the tension off. He had almost completely forgot all about that ever since they've started to have their 'one-on-one session'. "Alright then. I trust you" he smiles at her before he stares back into the wide space of the day sky. A short moment after that, their conversation kicked off from there. Unfortunately, Chase picked on up quickly and realized she wasn't exactly telling the whole story, she left a lot of small details and avoided that, and just maybe, if she hadn't left those unsaid, something will spark?

          Another sigh escaped his system "Marshall said she'll be a great help. But she leaves a lot of small details left unsaid! . ." He buries his face in-between his front paws "So who would. . ?" Then a little thought of regret trails behind him that he yells at him that he shouldn't have had an episode of anger bursting in the middle of their conversation. Maybe this would've started well if he kept his composure. "Maybe it's my fault. . ." His sad tone rang in his tight surrounding, and it felt like it just became much more louder than before, and in the midst of him declaring himself losing his sanity in this very night, the bush rustled violently, and paranoia's already planted in his mind. Getting scared of what's behind there, he also had a thought of what ever that thing is - would hurt the others. So that's another thing he's fearing of.

          Finally deciding to handle the matters to himself, he got up from his bed and left the comfort of his pup-house to check whatever is behind the bush. "H-hello. . ?" He calls out, almost too quiet, his voice immediately vanishing with the cold atmosphere the night has brought over Adventure Bay. No body replies to his call, and this just grew his paranoia even more because, what if he just imagined that whole "scary" thing in his mind? Maybe he just gone insane. But the feeling to seek for what lies behind it keeps tapping him, so he bursts through the bushes.

"Oh."

«———❁✿❁———»

          Bright and early in the morning, the pups were called through their pup-tags by Ryder and had informed them someone needs their help. With no hesitation, everyone sprinted upon their feet and fled inside the Look-Out tower. It took quite awhile before they've ascended for Chase's sake that he's still unfamiliar with everything. But with patience, everything went well in the end and ascended to the main area of the Look-Out to hear out what Ryder has to say. The glass elevator doors slide open and allowed all six pups to hop out of it before it descends back down again. Leaping into positions, Chase positions himself between Rocky and Rubble last, when usually he's the first one before anyone. "Ready for action Ryder, sir" Marshall initiates the meeting for Chase, knowing nobody hasn't discussed that thing to him yet, Ryder, grateful his pups came there quick, he did not waste any more time and tapped away in his pup-pad to discuss their plan on how to find the missing Chickaletta.