(S.2) Chapt.37

NIGHT has fallen upon the world, it was more hushed than the previous nights they've experienced, and the only melody the night has are the crickets' peaceful violin, and the owls' melodic flute that just made the night twice less deafening. The fireflies were out to waltz around the night to serve as the Earth's fallen stars that continue to scintillate throughout the night to make it at least less lonely. Some shooting stars were already falling at an inhuman speed, a speed to even a cheetah could compete with, and Chase were looking to the vast outer space, a place he knows he'll never reach it. Lately, the longer he stared into the skies that were painted black, the more he's relating to the shooting stars itself. They both are what left of something [as per shooting stars, the trail of debris left by a comet; as per Chase, being the only remnant of his past (if you get what I mean)], and upon diving into things, they both fall literally, passing atmosphere by atmosphere as they descend Earth-ground. What makes him different from the fallen stars is someone's always there catching him before he even hits the ground. It was something that he's grateful for, but. . . Why would she do that?

          Before he could jump into any conclusions, he was called by someone to come back for dinner – or at least take a sip of water. "Coming!" He calls back as he slowly stood up. As we focus on Skye and Marshall, the Dalmatian noticed how Chase was entertaining himself by looking high above, and he was genuinely entertained by looking upon the stars that glimmer all sorts of hues and in different intensity. Marshall just had to ask Skye why, considering she knows him well than he does "Well. . . You know Solar?" She starts off as she looks at him, the Dalmatian nodded and soon got the main idea why "Oh!! Because Solar is related to the Sun, and the Sun is technically a star!" He exclaims happily. Skye only nodded to this, and she couldn't help but leak a small smile that surfaced to her face.

«———❁✿❁———»

          Everyone's finished their meal, and it was time to sleep their tired minds to slumber, and here's the catch. They must keep one eye open, though not one of them were quite that tired to close their eyes, there was still this little energy bouncing within them that kept them awake and unable to sleep. So what did they decide to do to battle against it? Let itself tire out. "Since none of us aren't sleepy yet, should we plan what to do get Ryder and the others back?" Marshall suggests, as the soft beam of the campfire touches him in a soft glow - lighting up his features. The Cockapoo nodded, and Chase went along with it too, though talking about the recent event is the last thing he wanted to do, his first priority as of the moment was to get a clasp of his mind and somehow get his memories back, considering this will be extra beneficial in the long run, though sadly, they're coming back to him as slow as a log being pushed across a very soaked mud. "We should identify first when Sweetie possibly injected them some substance. Except. . . We're not entirely sure if she had physical contact with them" Everyone suddenly became clueless and felt like they were back to square one "Maybe Chase knows something!" The Dalmatian suggests, both looked at him and all he gave them was a nervous grin "Sweetie never told me her plans but probably false information" Skye then looked back to Marshall who also looked at her "That's a bummer. I was going to ask him if he remembers anything from his last investigation" He says as his expression had gloomed a little bit upon the sudden realization hitting him like a wreckiny ball. Skye's ears perked up in interest and curiosity and questions him "What investigation? 'Cause he's done a lot of them"

          "It was at that time you were missing. Chase used his new gear to search for some evidences in the tower" He then laughed in between words as he narrates the things he saw "I could still vision how worried he was when he found out you were in trouble. He did everything to seek for you"

"R-really?"

"Yeah!"

          As the duo continued to converse, he listened silently in his spot, and something in Marshall's sentence was familiar. . .

«———❁✿❁———»

         The scene replayed before him and for himself isolated in the throne room as the crown placed on the pedestals stands behind him, the look on his face was full of grim,  and the gravity is pulling him back down more than the usual. He closed his eyes, confused and overwhelmed by everything. Questions relating to the missing Cockapoo kept on tapping his mind. At that memory, he remembered he was blaming himself for something that doesn't make sense as of the moment. He had no idea what burden he placed himself on his shoulders, and he's quite unsure if he'll think the same.

          Right in front of his very eyes, he found himself suddenly being sucked in space. There was no gravity [ehem, technically there is but it's a small amount. ] and he was just suspended within the atmosphere. Slowly, the environment choked him as he struggled himself to escape this place and find peace. Every effort he did to move a limb was void of worth, and not one movement he did contributed to anything closer to relief. At any moment, he could die. His tears leaked and lingered around his eyes as every second that passes by him, the grasp of the outer space tightens its grip around his neck. Why was he lost in his own space again? He couldn't quite put it into words and he just needed this one word. He wonders. . . Who would provide him that answer? He truly believes that it would result as everyone's panacea.

          "Chase?" Someone calls him, he looks up and found himself soaked – with his pool of bitter tears. He found someone who's in his late sixties, standing there with concern. They were a multiple feet away, but the man could feel the German Shepherd's lonely heart.

"Are you. . . Alright?"

"Chase? Are you alright?"

          The German Shepherd blinked away the tears that had already fallen and found himself in front of a camp fire, whereas Skye and Marshall and himself are circling around it. "Chase, are you alright?" Skye asks once more, testing it Chase would answer this time, he slowly nodded as a response as he sniffed away "Y-yeah. I just remembered something." The duo – Marshall and Skye, looked at each other and wondered what memory he could've possibly remembered again. One thing for sure is, it is something that saddens him greatly; as the two of them tried to feel the looming aura around Chase, they knew it isn't the right time to question about it and thought it was probably something sensitive, and to top it off, they don't think Chase will even breathe a single soul to them about this new found memory.

          "Let's sleep. It's getting late; if we want more time to keep Sweetie on her paws – is to wake up early tomorrow" The Cockapoo suggests, the two male canine nodded in agreement. Weariness had already caught up to them and is begging them to lay their sleepy heads already. No one couldn't deny that wish, so they positioned themselves into a much more comfortable position and had drifted off to sleep.

Though tomorrow is something
they least expected.

Sorry for updatinglate everyone

Sorry for updating
late everyone.

I just lost track of time
& I've been preparing the
finale all week.

I'll update on Saturday,
and next week, the update
schedule will go as
expected.

Sorry for any confusion.