(S.2) Chapt.34

SKYE woke up feeling yet again – groggy. She has exactly no idea why she hadn't been having a straight record of having a good morning, but from what she had observed is that this started after Chase lost his memories. A long and loud groan had escaped her and had attracted her neighbour, which is Zuma "Woah, what's wwong with you again? I should know bettew, do I need to cut youw session showt again?" As the Chocolate Lab prepared himself to pull her mattress out again "Stop!! No! I'm fine! I just. . . Feel rea~lly tired lately" She admits as she slams back to her mattress – head first. "Is this whole Chase thing stwessing you out?" Zuma questions as he sat outside her kennel to listen to what she has to say, Skye had only nodded slightly – heads still buried within the fluffy mattress that hugs her comfortably. It was the only thing that keeps her from actually loosing her sanity.

          As she was about to stand up, in the background, Marshall was yelling for Chase's name as Rubble was tailing behind him yelling as well. But what sets them apart was Rubble's yelling Marshall related, in whereas Marshall isn't. "Why did you take my bowl?! You already had your breakfast!! What's the big deal?!" He yelled, then came Rocky who's now tailing behind Rubble "H-hey now. . . Let's just all calm down here—" The Mongrel tried to soothe his anger down since he could already sense the growing stress within Marshall, but due to luck not currently by his side, Rubble looked back at him with an expression that looked ready to snap at any moment "Calm down?! CALM DOWN?! H-HOW CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN MY BREAKFAST KEEPS DISAPPEARING AND TO ONLY BE ENDED UP SEEN BY MARSHALL'S HOUSE, HUH?" Skye and Zuma popped out of the corner and watched everything "Uh-oh. . . Wocky's gonna snap soon" Zuma remarks upon seeing his facial expression. His mouth turned into a grim line, his eyes were shut in a way that it's trying to blockade his anger, his brows were slowly creasing together like an inevitable event of two trains on the same track in opposite directions whereas it goes inwards and that it would soon clash together. Figuratively or literally speaking – both won't end well if both of them wouldn't grab the brakes and hesitate if they must continue further and suffer the future consequences.

          "Rubble. We can always get a new batch" Rocky gritted his teeth, as the anger that's fuming inside him just brushed the insides of him – unable to escape due to his teeth covering its exit. Luckily, Ryder had stepped in once he heard the ruckus "Rubble, to your bowl. Now. I got it filled up already" He commands as he points to where it is placed. The English Bulldog knew it was useless to fight against Ryder's wishes because he knows he'll end up being shushed by him one way or another just to keep the peace and refrain any further damages. The boy then approached Rocky and threaded his fingers through his grey fur, the Mongrel soon had calmed down and gave in to his touch "What happened Rocky?" He began to ask once he was sure Rocky wouldn't snap at him (both speaking figuratively and not) "Rubble thinks Marshall ate it, and we're not sure if he did. But the thing is, who would? Skye's still asleep, Zuma's off to wake her up, I was busying myself with the old junk, Rubble clearly didn't make a sick joke, Marshall's doing his thing and Chase's nowhere to be found!!" Ryder tried to soothe him again by scratching his favorite spot.

          "Whewe do you think Chase went?" The Lab questions as he looks at the Cockapoo beside her "I'm not exactly sure, but I'm certain it's not a pleasant result" She then gestured him to follow her and help with Marshall who's still calling the German Shepherd's name. Once the duo had reached him, they detected no surfacing stress within him and had luckily faded away along with the cool morning breeze once Rubble had finally calmed down— well, sort of. "Hey Marshall. . ." Skye began to test the waters and alertly took note of how their spotted friend would react. Fortunately for them, the Dalmatian gave them a pleasant expression and greeted them naturally with a positive tone also. Skye took note of this and remembered Marshall's great in switching in between emotions and can act like nothing ever happened, she wondered too how he can do that easily, while her in the other paw did all her best and still failed miserably. "Have you seen Chase? We just can't find him lately." Marshall's eyes the drifted off to Zuma as he answers him with a neutral expression "Well, I too have the same question and I'm actually searching for him! It's just. . . Hard!" He then began to laugh at his own words "I just haven't seen him since last night and by morning when I went to check on him he's gone"