(S.1) Chapt.20 | Last Part - Searching

"Ugh. . ." he grunted, feeling huge pain from his body; it resonates in multiple locations and as of the moment, they throb altogether making him unable to detect where the pain is from. He wasn't sure if it was his head taking all the pain or his body that had numbed from the leading pain that lingers around his head. Slowly recovering himself from the cold pass out, he found the castle still standing. Senses kicking right in, he realized he still has some unfinished business to do. But what doesn't make sense, was where everyone was. Ryder was no where to be found nor his team; the Air Patroller that used to hover above everyone was long gone and unseen. It was odd to how the place fell silent, even the heart of the kingdom in the latter distance doesn't seem to be buzzing about something.

Feeling weird about the surrounding, he decided it was best to search what was going on, and that is to journey further by paw. There was no option left actually, but to seek for answers that would satisfy those questions who feed in his thoughts. As he ventures further, he had only found himself bringing his whole self to the back of the palace. There was nothing there, but an odd rose planted. There was nothing really weird about the sighting, but why would anyone plant a one and only rose in the midst of the castle's backyard – isolated with grasslands and towering stone-brick walls? Not to mention, why was it not in a shrub or bush? Another question swarmed him again, making him all fuzzy inside and his mind fogging up. "I should take another route. . ." his body turned away from the rose as he mentally plotted the new route he'd take.

In spite of doing an excellent job from getting distracted, his senses somehow had the urge to avert back to that lonely rose in the distance. Every rose he saw were just the same. Some had white hue as the frosty snow that you seek every December; some had a unique pigment that you could see the deep blue ocean itself swim in such a small flower; while the common type you see were painted by Spring's skillful hands with a beautiful shade of red. All may vary in lengths, height and color, to him they were just the same. But something about that ordinary rose wasn't so ordinary to him. Somehow. . . It is capturing his attention and luring him back to it.

Try as he might to hold the grudge to step further away from it, the forces sadly were stronger than his own will. A sigh of defeat escaped his system as he approaches bit by bit to it "Okay. . . I hope you have something good to tell me" he told off the never-speaking rose. Once he placed himself to a halt, he just stared at the rose, waiting for something to happen. . . But nothing did. The more he left his orbs lingering on that flower, the more he noticed something unique about it. . . The tips of its petal were a noticeable pink;  travelling further further to the core of it, the colors had faded to a common rose-red. It had no thorns, yet a leaf bloomed on its stem. What an odd plant in his opinion. It was nothing he had seen for himself before, and this kind of rose was indeed rare, and the color formation is quite quaint from the others forasmuch as every rose had a clear color separation from each other; not one blend smoothly with one another – unless it were to rot of dehydration.

"I should focus. . ." He muttered underneath his breath, sighing heavily. One step at a time, he had strayed away from the plant, when he felt scorching heat ghosting him. At first, he thought it was just his body temperature spiking to the roof for the sake he's beginning to feel nervous. But his theories then began to contradict to what he believes; as he swipes his pupils to look to the back, fire began to generate behind the flower, and before he could react and run further away, the flame had caught up before he could have escaped, and now, there he stood in the midst of the ring of fire along with the one and only flower that grew oddly behind the backs of the palace walls.

His eyes began to shake at the sight, and his pasts were daunting him altogether. Voices from the past had re-awakened from its deep slumber and its long wait was over, and now – it is perfect time to attack the German Shepherd to the final point he is weak. Its echoes sent shivers down his spine and had stabbed him invisibly, yet it pains so much that he felt like his body had fractured into two pieces, resulting of a slice in the abdomen and creating a sensation of blood gushing out. It's just memories. Right? But why does it hurt so much?