(S.2) Chapt.23

"Marshall. She knows who Solar was,
even if I don't completely know her."

          ADVENTURE Bay is bathing again in its deserving daylight and Chase and Marshall were hanging-out under the shade of one tree's flocking leaves that provide them a cooling breeze. Everyone else around them passes by them fast-paced, including Skye who seems to be over from her own dilemma. "I don't know her either Chase. . . Maybe Skye just knows you more than I do" Marshall replies, after coming into a conclusion, the German Shepherd just nods his head in confusion "But you did claim you're my best friend, right? So I must've told you everything" he insists, but the Dalmatian knows that this isn't the case. He remembers how Chase can be so secretive but fails to do so in some cases, so sometimes – he ends fessing up. But Marshall does know his past, it's just. . . He filed him with a lot of blanks that left the story feel void-like. "As much as I want to say yes Chase, but you just never told me the tiny details of the story" he shrugged "I think it's best to consult someone if you want to know more" Chase tilted his head in curiosity, and by that moment, he looked like a puppy.

          "That'd be Skye" his spotted friends answers, smiling at him warmly "You mean that Cockapoo? No. . . No way. Right?" Marshall just shrugged again, right now he doesn't have words to respond with, and he can't think of any better options but Skye— who seems to know his background much better than him "I can only fill you with the much recent ones. But I don't think they won't spark your memories back. It's the very past that's important, 'cause once you know the beginning, it's just a matter of time things will chain themselves altogether" Chase could only sit there in awe and found himself smaller than his best friend "Wow. . ." He breathed in awe "You sound so wise and mature" the Dally laughs at this "Oh if you just remember, I'm the clumsy one with lots of puns inside my head" he gave him a light pat on the back as he stood up and decided to join the others "Pass me the ball!" He calls as he runs "But be careful! I might BALLdoze you when I trip on the ball!!" A choir of distant laughs echoed as their response to one of Marshall's yet again, puns.

«———❁✿❁———»

          ". . .Hey Skye?" He calls her name meekly, once Rubble and Zuma ran off in the distance to play again "Can you. . . Fill me in?" He asks, looking away "Uhm. . . With what?" Skye responds with the same tone he used earlier, she was confused that somehow, that German Shepherd who seems to avoid her at seemingly all cost, was the one who initiated to talk? Not like it's a problem but how could he suddenly have a change of heart? "Ryder told me the Vet's prescription, and told me I should be reminded everyday of what my life was like before I got amnesia. . ." Skye was sweating like crazy, because she wasn't mentally ready yet to initiate a conversation with him. She did mentally promise herself she'll talk to him soon, but not this soon. "Isn't Marshall a better option?" She laughs in between words, eating some up resulting of many 'ha's inserted between a word "I'd want to agree with you, but Marshall referred me to you" Skye thought of this for awhile and thought hard about it, and the end results of all those were Marshall just setting them up. Sounds like a good opportunity but to her, but she thinks fessing up would be too much for him, and he might hate her if she puts her feelings out on the line first before anything else. He may decline her feelings and defend himself with a "I don't know how we started and I feel no attraction towards you". In simplicity, she doesn't know where to start.

          Realizing that if she wants to get his memories a soon as possible, is for her to help along the process too "Fine—" she sighs "—where do you want to start off?" They began to walk somewhere much more of a comfortable spot to chat in, and as of the moment – trees are the best spots for outdoor setting. "Well, from the beginning I guess. . . Maybe as you progress from the present, something will ring?" He suggests "It's worth a shot. . ." She trails off, knowing that it'll take quite some time before he remembers those, it'll need patience and a lot of repetitive reminders for him to remember. At least his mind doesn't discard what happens after the incident, right?

          Taking a deep breath in, Skye tried all her might and brain power to rewind back to one of their old conversations and re-traced the first thing he said about his past life. ". . .Well, you started of with a family of a loving couple with their loving son" she says first "You were quite close with them, especially with their son whose name is Ben" as Skye pieces the ancient puzzles together slowly, Chase listened to her attentively. At that moment, he felt he wasn't listening to his past, instead. . . He felt like he was being told a story by someone else. Nothing rang in his head and nothing made sense. Nothing felt familiar to him and he feels like he's just claiming this so-called story as his own. It feels like it wasn't really his. Even if he was in that story and was just being re-told by Skye. . . All he felt there was a stage and somehow he was magically up there – the main star of the story, when in reality, he's just someone who's supposed to be seated there in the back – in the dim, not playing in this twisted play where he's supposed to know how it goes, because you're the star. They expect you to execute your lines perfectly. They told you you should know how everything goes by now. But it will never feel right, because somehow, you were pushed to the role without your consent. Like being asleep throughout the night, just to wake up being given such role.

          "Are you sure these are all. . . Mine? Nothing. . . Was familiar to me." He interrupted, his eyes locked onto the ground and stared at that as if a dimension were suddenly to appear right there to swallow him in wholly. "I know nothing makes sense right now. . ." She started, looking up and towards the view they are facing "But. . . I'm sure you'll remember things soon" her paws had somehow managed to move itself up to his shoulders "If you try—" she smiles at the ground, still not realizing what her own hands were doing for her "—and if you believe"

Believe.

          Her paw froze from the inch gap his shoulder and her paw created. Nothing but the air completes the un-pieced puzzle "Yeah, everything will be okay soon."

"