(S.2) Chapt.24

Believe.

It was dark. I couldn't see anything. I may have been dreaming for a long time. But why do I feel the loneliness beside me whenever I wake up?
If I was used to being alone. . .
Why am I craving it every once in a while?

Everytime my eyes open to its wake,
I'd see a numbering walls that stood above me.
Iron wires clasped me to its grip and intimidates me into one corner.
Everyone passes by me,
Turn a blind eye,
And soon hush me angrily.
I believed that I'll soon escape this prison.
Live a happy life.

That time of course came.
Olivia showed up and adopted me lovingly.
She treated me like I was the head of the manor.
I felt like I was human from the way she treats me.
But the respect for her as my human - savior. . . Never disappeared.

I happily rejoiced that I've gotten what I wanted when I believed.

But I guess everyone simply likes to take away my joy.
I was tumbled down the hill and crashed back once more into the forest.
Never remembered seeing such sight,
But somehow it was all familiar to me.

I believed I'll get myself out of here,
But a month passes by me like an old tractor.
It slowly crushed me to loneliness,
Crushed my hope.
I had enough of believing.

Because I now know what happens when I Believe.

They'll lift me up.
And thrash me back down.

«———❁✿❁———»

"Hey! Toss me the disc back!"

          ROCKY leapt and caught it with his jaw victoriously, when he found Rubble approaching, he soon tossed it back to Marshall "Don't let Wubble and Chase get it Mawshall dude!" Zuma yelled as he sped past him so the spotted-pup can toss the disc before Rubble or Chase could even land a claw on it. The Mongrel getting exhausted and feeling his throat turning into a desert, he decided to take a small break from the action his other friends were causing. But before deciding to emerge back into his pup-house, he realized his friend Skye wasn't anywhere to be seen.

          She promised Rocky she'll join in a little later, but that later turned into never. Feeling slightly concerned about this, he decided to check her pup-house where she was last seen by him personally. Taking a peek for himself, he found Skye asleep with an eye closed and the other slightly opened "Uh, Skye?" He calls her name softly, doing his best not to startle her, the Cockapoo hummed a response "F-flicker? Is that you?" She asks, slowly sitting in a better position. Rocky, clearly confused and clueless who in the world she have mistaken him as, just stood there and waiting for her to re-adjust to the current event. "You okay?" He asks again, spotting the tire in her eyes "Oh, yeah. . . Just been thinking what to tell Chase so he could gain his memories faster"

          "Skye, why are you like this?" Rocky blurted in a slightly stern way. The Cockapoo, not-so-secretly surprised, looked at him flabbergasted "What?" She questions back, clearly confused as he is right now "Zuma told me about how you're struggling with Chase." He informs in a matter-of-factly, "I. . . I know that" she stammers but Rocky continued further "Yet you still act that way" Skye felt herself being cast a spell of silence, and between the two of them, they both know that not only will his words affect the Cockapoo itself, but so will the Mongrel. Knowing that if he doesn't speak up now, there'll be nothing to talk about as they'll leave the expanse into an awkward hushed-silence. "You know. . . Chase is not Math. You need no formula. All you need is to be there for him, and being there doesn't mean once you get to converse with him you'll need to succeed in the task, which is helping him gain his memories back."