(S.2) Chapt.32

SKYE blinked twice— no, thrice. To check if she was dreaming and hearing things, but to her dismay, it was all true and Chase already left to walk back to his pup house. Skye is now definitely confused, since last time she checked, he was searching for someone to help him in gaining his memories, and suddenly he dropped it altogether? But who would be teaching Chase who has enough knowledge about him like her? was what Skye thought to herself. But that train of thought was dismissed right away once she heard someone weeping not far from where she sat down. Skimming her eyes, to her surprise she found Marshall who's seemingly upset about something. Feeling a pang of sympathy hit her, she rushed to where he's at with no hesitation.

          "Hey Marshall. . . Are you okay?" She whispers as she places a paw on his back and rubbed it to calm him down. Luckily, it comforted Marshall as his weep became more and more quiet. He attempted to look at Skye but realized that his eyes might be bloodshot from all the crying he's been making, so he decided that maybe it's best if he remained that way "Oh. . . Hey Skye, what're you doing here?" He questions, his voice heavily muffled by the paws and arms that surround his face "I heard and saw you crying, so I came to check on you" She smiles, even though it was completely useless since the spotted-pup can't see her friendly gesture. "Oh. . . " He trails off "Weren't you supposed to be with Chase? Doing. . . The usual?" He continues to speak, but of course still hiding his face "Oh. . . Uhm, Chase said we should stop– A-anyway that's not the big issue here right now. What happened to you—" Before she could finish her sentence, Marshall bolted his face to look at her and somehow had forgotten the thought of concealing his face until the reddish-hue in his eyes disappear "What happened?!" Marshall exclaims, clasping Skye's face in shock. "I have no idea!!" She defends "And can you please let my face go now? You're kinda squishing it too much. Ow" As the rally realized this, he mutters a quick apology and had let her go.

          Once Marshall released her, a quick silence fell upon them, and it was enough for Skye to examine to how Marshall looked. His cheeks seem damp from the salty tears he's been pouring from his heart out, and tear marks made the evidence look more convincing as it lingers below his tears ducts - it was a noticeable darker hue than his natural white fur, and his eyes were still fairly powdered with red color, so he just cried recently. "Are you okay—" Not making her finish once more, Marshall replies immediately and sniffed away the remaining moments he had awhile ago "Yes, yes. I am fine," He starts off "But I'm concerned for you, and— well. . . Chase!" As he threw his paws in the air, emphasizing the name "Because, who would teach him? How will he get his memories back if he refuses to be knocked in some sense by you? I can't take your place! I'm. . . Just filled in with a few details" Skye rolls her eyes "Basically my thought as well. . . I have no idea what's going on with him anymore! He's so. . . Unexpectedly unexpected. Do you know what I'm saying?" Marshall just shrugged as he sniffs again.

          "I guess?" He says, trying his best to look understanding "Let's just hope he'll clear his mind up very soon. . ." Marshall remarks, sniffing again. Silence began to envelope them once more as the afternoon sun continued to radiate very hot temperatures. Skye was completely lost for words right now, the feeling was similarly the same to that one event she hated to remember so much – yet somehow, it would always come back to her. Everything in her life seems to be okay in a glimpse, and the more she lingers, the more she slowly sees things differently. Something she never knew that could really happen. It was like she had everything, and in one snap – everything's gone. Every single day, she would reflect – what did she do? Has she been doing a bad job of keeping her demons in the past? That resulted a chain of reaction that led to something greatly unforgivable, that somehow it was a horrible thing, her mind decided to forget it to just torment her in the future?

          In the midst of her almost breaking down to pieces "Skye!" Someone had finally called her name. Both her and Marshall darted their eyes to the mystery caller, and found a white and golden-fur Border Collie. He was walking around the area and shouted her name, he came across Rubble and Rocky and asked if they happen to know a Cockapoo named Skye- Rocky and Rubble simply points Flicker to Marshall's pup house. "M. . . Maybe you should take your mind off of Chase by talking to— whoever he may be. Having a conversation with someone's a great way to forget about stuff" The spotted pup began as his bright aura slowly flooded back into his recently drained soul. Skye, obviously not happy with the idea, gave him a look that says that that's a bad idea "Can't I chat with you instead?" She pleads, but before Marshall could ponder on her plea, Flicker had already reached them and tapped her shoulder. "Go ahead Skye, I'll be fine" The other pup reassures, as he tries to bring out his signature smile to stop her from worrying about him. Finally giving in, she sighed and looked at him "Let's go"