𝟖𝟒: 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲

kyoko.

ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ᶠᵒᵘʳ | ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ᵉˡᵉᵛᵉⁿ | ˢᵉʳⁱᵉˢ ᶠⁱⁿᵃˡᵉ

chapter eighty-four: 𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔨 𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔤𝔢𝔡𝔶

It was nighttime. Kyoko could hardly see anything at first, her blurry view was not helping, but she knew she was in a hospital bed. The roof was clear, giving an impression of being outside and once in a while a butterfly would alight on a nearby leaf. The beds were still metal underneath, but technology has come so far. To the touch and to the eye, they appear to be bamboo, warm and rustic. The girl laid there quietly, keeping her eyes closed, matching her breaths to the beeping of the machines that surrounded the bed, the only indications of her heartbeat, her existence. Her legs were numb. Curiosity slowly pried open her swollen eyes to meet a dismal view of a magnolia colored hospital room, the door a navy blue. She immediately knew it was locked, and she noticed the surrounding people sitting by her. Kyoko immedaitelly recognized Midoriya, Kirishima, Uraraka and Asui, sleeping by the bed. She wondered if there was anyone else there. She then slid her eyes sideways, noticing short, but plenty cuts running along her arms. Finally, and beyond was Kyoko's chart.

Kyoko Hayami
Status: Stable, Post-surgury
Admittance: 3:27 am
Cause of Admittance: Destabilization, hole in the stomach provoked by villain attack
Duration: Unknown, but probably ready

Kyoko sighed in relief, but what happened? Back then, she was with Kirishima, rescuing Eri. She was fighting Rappa and Tengai, when that villain Adan appeared. She knew that was why she got there. However, what happened next? Where was Overhaul? Eri? Did they make it out? What happened?

Kyoko knew the answer lied by pressing the button beside her bed. One simple click and nurses would rush into. She turned her body as best as she could, slowly sitting up, and she managed to press the button beside her bed. Her legs, her arms, everything was numb. She had to touch her body to check if there were any missing limbs, but they were all just fine. She wondered how she had not died back there. Immediately, a siren rang through the hallways, faint but still very loud in Kyoko's brand new ear drums. The nurse entered the room in blue scrubs, po-faced, serious, washing her hands at the sink. When she turned to Kyoko, her face softened into a smile. "Hey, miss Hayami," the woman began. "I am Mei. You are finally awake, that's good."