𝟕𝟔: 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝, 𝐫𝐮𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝

kyoko.

ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ᶠᵒᵘʳ | ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ

chapter seventy-six: 𝔤𝔬𝔩𝔡, 𝔯𝔲𝔟𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔡𝔦𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔡

The once crimson and pink sky transformed into a vast expanse of obsidian and azure that engulfed the town

The once crimson and pink sky transformed into a vast expanse of obsidian and azure that engulfed the town. The velvet, blue speckled, starry night loomed above them, pretty enough to ignite the heart of any nature's child, yet not one of them cast their eyes upward to see it. Nighttime had always been the time when the demons residing within me came out to play; to bring out the worst in people. And that day did not seem any different - as Kyoko walked through the city, patrolling alongside Amajiki, Kirishima, and the pro that they had decided to do their work study with: Fat Gum.

The city was crowded as usual, the hustling and whispers of people accumulated into a loud babble that is intelligible. People bumped themselves with one another occasionally, but Kyoko had begun to get used to that. 'That's how the city works,' she would have to think to herself. The sky towers in the centre shined their stained glass and their steel with pride and glory, as if they were made of gold. But while strolling through the modern city, the nighttime, industrial marketplace was a fantasied reality. There are many stores distributed around, the palette of the places consisting in grey, blacks and whites, like the rest of the city. Neon lights delighted the area, tinting the alluring marketing into yellows and reds and blues, with wonderful and expensive signs that called buyers to enter and enjoy whatever they sold to the public. The aroma of freshly slaughtered meats roasted into dark shades of brown that glossed and glistened with sauce came from the left row of the market. To the right is the smell of baked goods like pastries and vanilla scones that could delight anyone's nose. The fruit area ahead of them had a pleasant smell, like freshly poured rain. The reds, greens and oranges delight the view, as if they were bright gems. There was nothing in that marketplace that was out of place, as the neon lights cocooned Kyoko into the modern world.

"We've got idiots fighting non-stop on the streets these days," Fat Gum began, as he slid another one of those small, salty biscuits with sauce into his mouth. "Can't eat enough to keep up!" he exclaimed, as Kyoko looked at him. His mouth was splattered with sauce and bits of golden sheen biscuit. "Anyway, the agencies around here have been wanting a close combat type and a versatile type fighter. You're just what the doctor ordered, Red Riot, Huntress."