𝟒: 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧

kyoko.

ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ᵒⁿᵉ | ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ᶠᵒᵘʳ

chapter four: 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔦 𝔠𝔞𝔫 𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔱𝔬𝔴𝔫

Her fine, delicate pale hands with pink bruises were holding her face, as she admired the background behind the glass before her eyes

Her fine, delicate pale hands with pink bruises were holding her face, as she admired the background behind the glass before her eyes. She was far from paying attention. In fact, if she was completely honest, she would have told you it was one of the most boring lessons she had to go through in her entire school year. Instead, the girl was just staring at the window on her right. Beside the school grounds and across the black metal fence was an extense forest that grew from the extreme east to the furthest west. The dark greens that painted the canvas of the landscape captivated anyone who was curious enough to see what it hid from the prying eyes that scrolled through it. Ever so often, Kyoko would inspect the area to search for little birds or growing patches of flowers that tinted the forest in yellows, blues and purples. She loved investigating the forest from that view, researching for the smallest of details. It was the one things she would do if she was completely bored at school, which was quite rare. Hence, deep down, a search for emotional peace and pleasure was always the quest that gave meaning to her life, and sometimes that landscape was the answer.

Behind the forest was a noticeable bridge, colored in a very bright cream color with hints of greys and dark purples, that differentiated itself easily from the forest behind it. The pale wood boulevard connected the townside with the beach. It extended from the furthest west, where Kyoko could not see with her eyes, to the east, where it ceased its tracks at that white colored sand. The beach was the place to visit from her town. The white hue of the sand illuminated itself so powerfully with the blinding gaze of the summer sun above. The firmament was strongly clear, no clouds were to be seen in that morning. Instead, the powerful blue covered the world like a blanket on a sleeping child. Behind the forest and the sand was the thing that caught Kyoko's eyes the most: the blue, glistening ocean. Waves of deep royal blue crept towards the pearl colored sand before running away, only to repeat the process in a cycle that caused droplets of salty water to spray onto bare, sand-encrusted feet. Kyoko's eyes fixed at the sapphire at the horizon, she imagined herself in it, dipping in the refreshing water. Her head was down, she was closing her eyes, feeling how every muscle in her body was being completely covered. She would come out, completely drenched in saltiness, rubbing her eyes to flutter them open and facing the pearl sand, the forest behind it, and the orange canvas of the dusk. Her hair was wet too, she imagined the water slowly running down her body, droplets would scale down and down, from her chest to her stomach to her hips. She thought of running her hands over her black, straight hair.