𝟐: 𝐢 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 ﹝𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤﹞

kyoko.

ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ᵒⁿᵉ | ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ᵗʷᵒ

chapter two: 𝔦 𝔣𝔢𝔞𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔟𝔢 𝔤𝔬𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔞𝔶 𝔱𝔬𝔬 𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔩 ﹝𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔪𝔶 𝔰𝔬𝔯𝔱 𝔬𝔣 𝔩𝔲𝔠𝔨﹞

"Have you never actually been to the city, dear?" Best Jeanist questioned. "You've been to the building quite some times already but you always seem completely out of it."

"Well," Kyoko felt a little embarrassed to admit it, she rubbed the back of her neck. "I have, but rarely. I come here perhaps to go to buy something or go to the mall, but it is not on the usual for me. I was always go to the marketplace and the stores near the beach, so the city's always been foreign to me."

"That's funny," the blonde commented. "Your parents were just the contrary. Those two were as urban as they could be."

Kyoko giggled briefly, but it was silent, Best Jeanist could not hear her melodic and melancholic chuckle. The city was simply urban, just like she had imagined - tall buildings in an exact grid pattern. There were the sky towers in the centre, ubiquitous skyscrapers were smudged by the shimmery blue firmament, cars raced between red traffic lights, stubbornly flickering. The marble buildings towered over the hordes of people. It was a city of wide avenues and small places to sit and eat, to relax as folk went about their day. The rest of the city was composed by parks and wild spaces of flora, which allowed a chance to walk among nature or enjoy the trails on bicycles. Yet perhaps Kyoko's favorite thing was the azure river that flowed through the centre, crossing the bridges. It made her pause just to look at the view she admired from the beach every day. Tantalizing scents wafted through the breeze, a mixture of orange citrus, baked goodies, paint, gasoline and fresh steel. It was unpleasant.

"Best Jeanist!" voices purred from afar. From the opposite sidewalk was a group of people, who waved and called the number four hero. "You're amazing! Thank you for all the hard work you've been doing!" they would exclaim and praise him. He would thank them with his usual pose, something that Kyoko glanced from afar, but payed little attention to. Kyoko was not one to like attention. Part of being in school and having such a... particular quirk, let's call it that, is accepting that not many people will want to be around you. The parents of her classmates would lecture them on Kyoko being either a bad influence, someone too powerful and potentially dangerous, or straight up categorize a fifteen year old girl as a potential villain. That produced that her classmates would completely ignore or avoid her. Hardly ever anyone would speak to her in her homeroom, and that only occurred when they wanted homework or she was put in a group assignment with someone. Kyoko got used to the loneliness, though. Yes, it was pretty hard at first and she had to be sent to a psychologist, but growing up alone made her learn how to have fun on her own. If you were to ask her, she would have told you that she did not mind being alone, she was used to that. However and deep down, there was something inside of her that wished she had an easier experience in primary and middle school. Late at night she longed for a large group of friends that cared for her wellbeing and actually liked her.