𝟒𝟖: 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠

kyoko.

ᵐᵒᵛⁱᵉ ˢᵖᵉᶜⁱᵃˡ | ᵗʷᵒ ʰᵉʳᵒᵉˢ

chapter forty-eight: 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔫𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔩𝔬𝔫𝔤

"We've got a new challenger coming in at the last minute!" the announcer's voice blared through the speakers, as Midoriya walked into the central spot of the arena

"We've got a new challenger coming in at the last minute!" the announcer's voice blared through the speakers, as Midoriya walked into the central spot of the arena. "Will he end up on top? Or fail in front of the entire expo?"

"That was kind of rude," Kyoko uttered under her breathe, noticing a blonde girl beside her gripping on the handle. "Oh, hello. How rude of me to not introduce myself," she said, smiling at the girl. "Kyoko Hayami. Nice to meet you."

The female turned to see her. The girl was the embodiment of summer, kind of like a goddess of the sun. Her golden hair draped down, softly waving along the ends. Her features were soft, her cheekbones gesturing her sweet grin at Kyoko. Her ocean eyes were covered by a thin layer of glass and metal that circulated around her. "Hello! I'm Melissa Shield. Wait, did you say Hayami? As in... Naito Hayami?"

"Oh, uh," she paused, nervous about her reply and confused by how the girl referenced her father. "Yes. My father."

"Wow! My father worked for mister Hayami! He's amazing!" she exclaimed, turning back towards the stadium.

'Oh, yeah. My father...' she thought, awkward out.

Kyoko's eyes drew back towards her green haired friend. From his legs emerged neon red lights that flashed brightly in front of the audience's eyes. Drawing up, it slowly crawled and crawled until it reached his face. Once it did, green sparks began dashing out of his whole body, and a small aura of green and white light erupted from him. The boy's arms crossed in front of his face, as bolts of green lightning dazzled out of his body.

"Deku...!" Bakugo growled under his breathe. He seemed to be enraged by the way his power had developed, and things were only starting.

Midoriya then lashed his arms down. "Ready? Go!" she announced, allowing Midoriya to begin. The green haired boy hopped into the mountain field, a flashy green aura that dazzled the view followed him. He would stop ever so often to pause and defeat a robot, so then he would hop to another gorge and to the next. He was fast, the only sign of his movements was the aura that followed him. Suddenly, he erupted on the top of the mountain, emerging with a sudden, powerful blow. "An incredible run!" the woman announced. "He's also in second place with sixteen seconds!"