𝟑𝟏: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐦 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭

kyoko.

ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ᵗʷᵒ | ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿᵗᵉᵉⁿ

chapter thirty-one: 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔭𝔬𝔢𝔪 𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔞𝔟𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔱

It had been two days since the events in the sports' festival. Kyoko allowed herself to peacefully rest on her bed, train by the beach and take long walks. She needed that, she longed for that. As time elapsed endlessly, Kyoko would sit amongst the saline ocean shore, retrospectively reflecting on her own life. On her mother, her father, her grandparents, her newfound friends, her power. The water was scorchingly cold, as it crashed peacefully against the rough, golden sand. The amber, lukewarm sun glistened elegantly in the pale blue sky, and clouds cascaded south. White blankets of froth formed as the tides gradually approached the shore. A sense of nostalgia gushed through her curvy, slim body. She had faded memories of the good times, when she did not reside when her grandparents and lived in the seventh apartment B of the city. When her father and mother were there. But nothing was to be heard nor seen. It was just Kyoko and the tranquilizing waves that crashed vigorously against the shore.

The day she had to return back to school was rainy. Her bicycle wheels turned over the wet track, as the speed brought the cold rain into her face harshly. Her grey coat and her black skirt had been soaked by the lashing drops that had whipped on her porcelain skin. The path through the city was muddy, filling deep puddles that hid the ruts of dryer weather. The city was dark, the clouds keeping the city restricted on the natural light, resulting in shades of grey that covered the city like a blanket. However, the hot pink, flashy green and red neon lights and the amber, artificial streetlights helped to guide her way to U.A.. Hence, Kyoko liked the rainy weather. It bothered her, but she liked the feeling of the droplets soaking her long, curly eyelashes or the feeling of the cold brushing against her smooth skin. She needed that in that chaotic and wild mind of hers.