𝟑𝟎: 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝, 𝐛𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

kyoko.

ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ᵗʷᵒ | ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ˢⁱˣᵗᵉᵉⁿ

chapter thirty: 𝔠𝔬𝔩𝔡, 𝔟𝔬𝔩𝔡 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Kyoko laid there quietly, keeping her rough diamond eyes closed, matching her breaths to the beeping of the machines that surrounded the bed

Kyoko laid there quietly, keeping her rough diamond eyes closed, matching her breaths to the beeping of the machines that surrounded the bed. Her whole body was numb; she could hardly move any of her limbs. Curiosity slowly pried open her swollen eyes to meet a dismal view of the hospital room. She immediately knew that she was there because she had blacked out, but she hardly knew why. Kyoko slid her eyes sideways, the room was empty. Short, but plenty cuts ran along her arms. Nothing too serious.

Its walls were simply cream, not peeling or dirty, just cream. There was no decoration at all, save for the limp curtain that separated Kyoko's bed from the others. It was perhaps the kind green that reminded people of springtime and hope, but it was faded so much that the hue was insipid. The room was an undertone of bleach and the floor was a simply grey. A TV set hung from the ceiling, flashing advertisements. A window gave Kyoko a view of the world, shining the bright light of the afternoon through the glass. In the corner were only two chairs, frayed with wear and tear.

Kyoko did not understand what had happened. She was perfectly fine in battle, she was pretty excited even. She felt like she was winning against Bakugo. However, suddenly, her face started to bleed. Had it happened? Had she snapped? She concluded quickly, realizing the occurrence: Kyoko Hayami had an overdose. It was rare, she had only had one in her entire life, and it was purely accidental, but when she saw the dark crimson on her eyes, she understood that she had surpassed her limit. Way past it, in fact.

The murmurs and babbles from the door interrupted Kyoko's thoughts. She slowly shifted her head towards the oak door, hearing the steps that echoed through the hallways. Kyoko's eyes were hardly opened, resulting in her eyelids heavily covering her sight. She seemed asleep. "Well, here we are," Recovery Girl sighed, kindly opening the door. "Quiet, she's still sleeping."