Book 2- Chapter 21

Andrea's POV
Adrian and I agreed to meet up today and he was meant to pick me up an hour ago. I haven't even received a call or text from him saying he wants to cancel out. I was beginning to get impatient and worried so I drove to his apartment instead.

When I got to his house, I rang the bell and heard a lot of voices coming from inside. Seems like he has guests at home. Maybe I should just let him be.

"Hello?" Someone says, opening the door and I turn to see Andrew Schwann?! I stood there shocked, trying to hold in my excitement from seeing someone famous.

"Andrea?" Adrian says coming out and standing beside his father and I clearly see a striking resemblance. "Oh shit..I totally forgot"

"It's okay." I mumble. "I'll be going now"

"No wait."

"Who's this?" Adrian's dad asks

"She's my...Erm..girlfriend, Andrea..." he says and I look at him with a confused stare. "....and Andrea, this is my father, Andrew" he continues, returning my look as if telling me to play along.

"Nice to meet you Andrea" Andrew says, grinning at me.

"Andrew Schwann!..Erm sorry...nice to meet you sir" they chuckle at my outburst. I just couldn't help it.

"Come in" he says.

I see Janelle setting the table and Jonah tapping away on his phone. He's the last person I'd want to see. Is this like a family reunion or something?

Adrian sees the confusion on my face and pulls me to a couch and explains all that's going on. "Ohh...I'm here for you anyways. I always will" I tell him.

"Why don't we re-schedule our outing for Friday night and make it a date instead." He says, smirking.

"A date?" I gasp.

"Erm...yeah...why not?" His smirk disappears and he looks shy and nervous.

"No...it's nothing. Sure" he begins to smirk again.
"But why did you tell your dad..."

"Come to the dinning. Let's eat" Janelle says to us, interrupting me without knowing.

"So Adrian..tell me more about your girlfriend" his dad asks. I drop my spoon and it falls to the ground while Adrian looks like he's choking on his mashed potatoes.

"Girlfriend?" Jonah and Janelle say at the same time.

"I thought you were dating Jonah" Janelle says looking at me, then Adrian, then Jonah and back to me. Oh shit.

The table grows quiet until Janelle repeats her statement. "I though you were dating Jonah."

"They broke up and now we're together." Adrian says coming to the rescue. Well he better did cause he started this mess by introducing me as his girlfriend to his father.

"This is a classic. One girl sleeping with the two brothers." Jonah says.

"You cheated on her remember?! And I'm very sure she did nothing with you!" Adrian yells. I couldn't say anything. I just looked like an idiot with my head down, and my hands under the table.

"Okay okay let's change the topic." Adrian's dad said.

I just wanted to dig a whole and stay there and even die there. I felt so embarrassed. How could he say that to me?!

I feel someone hands coming over mine under the table and I see that it's Adrian's. I look up into his eyes and he gives me a small smile. I smile back and bring out my other hand to eat. It was a little bit stressful to eat with my left hand but I felt comforted.

After the dinner, Adrian walked me out. "Sorry about what happened." He starts to say.

"For what? It's not your fault. Jonah should be the one apologizing not you."

"I need to teach that jerk a lesson" he says clenching his fists.

"That'll only make you a jerk like him." I say and he nods. He stared directly into my eyes like he can see my soul and I just want to melt.

"Erm...thanks for standing up for me. You're the best." I say as I hug him then walk towards my car."

"See you on Monday" He yells just before I drive out.

Friday night

Adrian's POV
"Where are we going" Andrea asks me for the billionth time.

"Geeez. How many times will I tell you were going to a venue." I say and she rolls her eyes.

"Just give me a hint. Pretty pleaseee"

"You're starting to sound like Isla" I say chuckling and she joins me.

"When will we be there" she says again after 5 minutes.

"We are there..." I say parking in the lot. "...remove the blind fold."

She did just that, so eagerly and she started to smile. "A carnival!" She squeals, excitedly.

She walks around looking like a 5-year old in Disney land. "What's the first thing you want to do." I say, cutting her off from her train of thoughts.

"Cotton candy!" She squeals again running towards a cotton candy stand. She buys two and I think she's going to hand me one until she bites into the two. I buy mine instead.

We went on the Ferris wheel and several rides after that. She keeps on squealing and running everywhere.

"See see" She points to a game stand and we walks over there. "Why are you so excited?" I ask her. This is probably one of the best decisions of my life cause I've never seen her this happy.

"The last time I came here I was 10. This was my favorite place to hang out but I just couldn't visit it anymore."

"And why?"

"Cause I had to grow up" she says, the smile that she had on her face since we got here faded away.

"Come on. They're adults that love the carnivals. It isn't for children only."

"I know. But that's not how Richard made me feel. He used the fact that I'd love coming here to bully me in school and call me a baby. I know it sounds foolish but if you were bullied, you'd do everything to make the bullying stop."

I completely understood. Even though I had never been bullied. "I can't believe I didn't like you at first cause of what I saw you do to Richard. He totally deserved it" I say and her smile comes back. The smile I always look toward to see.

The game she pointed to had a price. A teddy. You had to throw 3 rings over an object and you only had five chances.

"I'm sure I'll beat you." She said.

"The winner gets the teddy" the man behind the stand says.

"Game?" I ask her.

"Hell ya. Game."

At the end I won but I gave her the teddy.

"Remember when I got mad at you for calling me Maddie?" She asks.

"Of course I do. How can I forget. I was so confused cause I thought that was your first name" I say bursting out into laughter.

"It's my grandma's name. And I won't mind you calling me that." She says.

***************************************
What a first date🥺
Vote and Comment
Mavi✨