Chapter 7

I take a sit on an empty bench in the park. Lucy is in her stroller with her eyes closed. I guess that means she's sleeping. I text Dave that I'm already there.

"Hey Chloé" I hear a familiar voice and look up to see Dave. "Hey." I reply. He takes a seat beside me.

"Stay away from him" My brothers voice keeps repeating in my head. "He's a player like me" I shrug it off convincing myself I'm here because of our project.

I stand up to take a stroll and he follows me. "I can't believe I never met you before" he says trying to start a conversation. "What's your surname. Chloé what? I must have heard your name before."

My surname is McDane, but for obvious reasons I can't let him know. "I'm more of an introvert and I keep to myself. That's probably why you've not heard of me." I say dodging the question. He nods.

"So why did you run away from the game at the party" I knew he was going to ask this question and I was trying to avoid that. "Trust me I'm a good kisser" he continues with a smirk on his face.

"Good kisser my foot." I smile trying to imagine what it'll be like kissing him. He laughs at my comment. "I wasn't comfortable, that's why. Besides I won't waste my first kiss on a game" oh no. Why did I say that. He can use it to make fun of me.

"Really? You haven't kissed before?" He asks quite surprised. I nod feeling ashamed. "But if you haven't how did we make this baby" he laughs and I roll my eyes.

"It's good to know that there are girls like you really. I never knew there could be a 17-year old teenager who hasn't done those stuffs"

"Yeah thanks." There was a swing close by and we decided to head over there. Why not have some fun. We continue talking and it's nice to have conversations with someone that's not family and not Maya. I need to get a life.

"I'm so happy I met you Chloé. Can we be friends and yunno hang out together. With Maya of course." Why will a jock as popular as he is want to be friends with me. Won't that reduce his popularity status or something"

"I don't think we should. We're like total opposites" I say too him but I don't think he got the message. He just laughed and shakes it off.

"Next time we come to the park I should come with my dog. He'll love it here" he says as we play on the swings. He's currently carrying Lucy.

"You have a dog?" He nods in response. "How sweet. I've always wanted to have one but my mom is allergic to dog's coat sadly"

"Ohh. I'll definitely bring him next time" Even though he has been my crush for years I only watched him from a distance. I never got to really see this nice, friendly side of him. I was either out or locked in my room whenever he comes over to visit Jason.

"Let's try to know ourselves better. Maybe we should ask ourselves questions." He says. "Sure. You have siblings?" I ask to get the ball rolling. "Yes. A younger sister. Rielle. She's ten" he answers.

"What of you?" Should I make up a lie or just tell him the truth. "I have a senior brother and two younger sisters" I say skipping the details.

We continue to ask questions, say some lame jokes and laugh it off. I'm happy I got to know more about him today but there's something that has been in my mind since the convo with my brother.

I want to know what these boys boys benefit from being a player. Why can't they just be honest and love a girl truly. Should I ask him? Screw it, I will.

"Why are you a player. Don't mean to intrude but why can't you just be loyal" I say getting off the swing. He looks confused at first then he smiles.

"It's a way of life dear. I haven't seen someone to be loyal to yet." Did he just call me 'dear'. I couldn't help but blush. I'm not a fan of nicknames but I'm happy it is coming from him.

"Ok, If you say so. I think I should head home now." I say taking Lucy from him and placing her in her stroller.

"Why don't I drive you home then" he says taking my bag from me. "Erm no need I came with my car" I reply taking my bag from him.

He walks me to my car and helps me place Lucy in the car safely. I really hope she gives us a high score. I'm going through a lot of physical and emotional stress because of this.

I didn't realize how long we stayed at the park. I guess we were both having so much fun time just flew by.

When I got home, the whole family was having dinner. Well apart from Jason who's probably at a party.

I'm already starving so I join them at the dinner table. "How was your day sweetie" my mom asks me. To be honest, this is one of my best days this year. I spent my afternoon with my crush.

"It was fine mom. It was just fine" I reply. I receive a text from my phone and see it's Dave asking if I have gotten home safely.
*me: yes I have thanks. What about you?*
*dave:just arrived*
*me:aren't you going to a party*
I honestly don't know why I asked.
*dave:not today. I'm taking a break*

I smile at the response and wonder when Jason will take a break too. "I haven't seen someone to be loyal too yet" Dave's words echo in my head.

What if he finds someone? And what if that someone is me? I look up to continue with my food and see everyone smiling at me. "What?!" I yell. "Nothing" they all say "you just didn't stop blushing. I wonder who you were texting" Molly says.

I roll my eyes and drop my phone on table and focus on the delicious food in front of me. But I can't stop thinking of the what if's.

******************************************
What if?......
Hope you're enjoying it so far. Share your thoughts.
Vote and comment
Mavi✨