Book 2- chapter 10

Arghh!! It's been two days and my laptop just died. I'm tired of all the activities that I can do here. My team already came up with a project and we're almost done.

We're having a camp out tonight but it's still hours till then. Maybe I should go to the flower garden. I get up and start getting ready to leave.

I've met up with Isla again and she came with her flower diary. I told her almost everything I knew about flowers. The insects they attract, the ones that are scented or with sweet nectar, but there's one flower I haven't told her about and if I see her today, I will.

It's the wild flower. When I started reading about flowers, I was very interested in them. They grow anywhere and everywhere irrespective of the soil type or weather.

They aren't as strong but they appear to be, just like me. I appear strong to others but deep down I'm just another teen girl that craves attention and love.

I put on my boots and go with my phone and earpiece plugged in my ears. Mr Rivers tried to call me back but I whistled and went out. I looked back just Incase Someone was following me. Isla said that it was her private place so I have to do my best to keep it a secret.

If a teacher finds out, who knows what will happen. It'll become a government property and people will be going there for excursions. No more privacy for little Isla.

When I get there, there's no one in sight. I take a seat beside some rose flowers and start jotting down lyrics. I do that when I'm bored. I have a pretty good voice but I'm not planning on going into the entertainment industry.

"Heyyy!" Someone says, startling me. I turn my head to see Isla. She waves at me and I wave back then she takes a seat beside me. The title of the song I'm writing is 'wild flower'.

"What's a wild flower?" She asks, reading my lyrics. "A wild flower is a unique flower.." I say standing up and she follows me. "It can't be manipulated. It knows what it wants and gets it irrespective of the challenges it faces. It isn't as beautiful as the other flowers. But guess what..." I say and she looks at me expectantly.

"All flowers want to be like the wild flowers. I too want to be like it and you should to. Be strong like a wildflower." I finish.

"I'm strong. My mom tells me that always." She says boldly and I smile. "Can I tell you a secret?" She asks me. Is this about her family? I nod a yes and she starts.

"I've never met my dad before. My mom says he's a good guy and he sends money to me every month but I don't want his money anymore. I just want to meet him. I live with my step dad and two younger siblings. But I still wish I had my real dad with me" She says, her voice quivering like she's about to cry.

"Does you step dad maltreat you?" I say. But she nods a no. "He's very good to me. He takes me to the city a week in a year for a bond time and allows me to visit my brother when we're there." She says and I smile at that.

"The next time he brings you to the city, come and visit me too" I say to her and her eyes widen. "Really?" She asks doubtfully.

"Of course! Everyone will fall inlove with you there. And I'll show you a wild flower"

"Everyone but not my dad" she mutters. I look down at her and she starts sobbing, I kneel to her height and wipe out her tears.

"Your dad loves you. So much" I say to her. I don't know how true that is but she just needs to hear that.

"No he doesn't." She says in between sobs. "He does and one day you'll understand why he can't see you now.." I say but she doesn't still look convinced.

"I've just met you and I already love you. Talk less of your dad. And him not meeting you is his loss not yours. You're beautiful and intelligent. Strong like a wildflower. Who won't love you"

A smile appears on her face and I mentally give myself a high five. Good job!

"Can I show you around?" She says, her mood bright. But then we have a camp out tonight. "Why don't we meet her tomorrow by umm 3pm. You can show me everywhere!" I say to her.

"Okay!" She replies and hugs me. After the hug, I stand up from the floor and wave her goodbye. I need to head to the cabin before anyone starts worrying. Tonight I'm going to make s'mores but I'm not sure how we'll do it without a teacher finding out.

I didn't feel like changing so I wore some make up and went out. "Pss pss" Someone calls out and I see Vicky all hooded up like some spy. I couldn't help but burst into laughter.

She motions for me to come to her. "What?" I ask her still trying to stifle my laughter. "It's not funny Maddie. I'm with the marshmallows and gummy bears. Tell me when the coast is clear" she whispers to me. "Too much spy movies." I sigh and check out for her.

Mrs Rivers walks up to me. Oh boy! Just what I needed. "Where were you all day" She asks me. I don't know why my whereabouts are her business. All she needs to know is I'm back without any scratch.

"I just walked around the neighborhood. You know...admiring nature" I say. She eyes me disapprovingly with a frown on her face then walks away. Argh!!

I signal to Vicky that the coast is clear and she runs outside with the contrabands. I go to the kitchen to help carry out the snacks. There's still a long night ahead of me....

********************************************
Please vote and comment.
It goes a long way...
Mavi✨