Book 2- Chapter 1

Andrea's POV

I'm so excited I'm going job hunting today. At first I didn't like the idea but I would be able to buy things without asking my parents for money. Besides, dad said I had no choice and that I was old enough to work and that I needed to be independent. I know it had something to do with his mom.

Even though I never met her, I feel so close to her. Maybe it's because they gave me her name. Maddison. Andrea Maddison Gayns.

I have a lot of friends really. I won't say I'm popular in school but I'm well known. My close friends are Victoria, I call her Vicky and Bianca.

I'm always with them and sometimes they irritate me when they talk about boys. Boys this, boys that. Won't the world be better without them?!

I'm not interested in boys. I'm straight but don't just have time for them. "Drea!" I hear my brother, Alex scream. "Why are you screaming? I'm just beside you" I say to him.

"You're body is, but you're mind isn't. Can you give me the remote. I want to watch a match" he says. I glare at him but still pass him the remote and go to my room.

Alex is six years younger than me. I'm 17 and he's 11. He looks more like dad and has his brown hair but took his hazel eyes from mom while I look like my mom but took my blue eyes from Dad. My hair is redder than my mom's though. It's like we shared everything equally.

I get tired of surfing through the internet so I decide to head out and start my job hunting. I'll prefer to work in a café cause I love coffee.

I write 'I went job hunting' on a sticky note and paste it on the fridge. Mom would see that when she gets home. "I'll be back soon. Don't open the door for anyone and don't go outside" I say to him with my 'big sister' tone. He nods his head engrossed in whatever match he is watching.

I go around town and visited the cafes and eateries that interested me. Some where nice and said I should drop my name and number. While some told me off blankly. "We are not hiring"

I decided to try one more place. It's beside my school. The same school my parents went to. I knew they were high school sweethearts but I don't believe in that. Maybe in their time it would work out but certainly not now.

As I walk into the steam house, the aroma of coffee filled my nostrils. This is what I'm talking about. I get coffee here everyday before going into school. I think I'll get a cup while I'm at this.

"Hello. How can I help you" a woman asks. She looks in her forty's but still elegant. She has dirty blonde hair and bright green eyes. "Can I speak to the manager please?" I ask her.

"The manager is inside but you can speak to me instead. I'm the owner" she says. It's weird I don't see her every morning when I'm here.

"Good day ma. I wanted to know if there's a slot for me to work." I say to her. She smiles at me and leads me to the corner and we take a sit there.

"Why do you want to work here?" She asks me. I didn't know there'll be like an interview and questions. I did not prepare for any of that.

"Well....umm...to earn money?" I say more like a question. She looks at me like she's waiting for me to say more.

"To become self reliant." I say again. She stands up and leaves. Seems like I was not convincing enough but she later came back and gave me a form. "Fill it and drop it at the counter. We'll get back to you" she says smiling and walks off again.

I fill the form and order a cup of macchiato and a velvet cup cake. I check the time and realize I had spent three hours out already. I had two missed calls from mom. I was expecting more but I guess she already got my note. I drop my form at the counter and head out with my remaining coffee when someone ran into me and the coffee spilled on me.

"Watch where you're going!!" I yell at whoever it was and walk pass. "Are you crazy?! You're the one that ran into me" the person says. I turn back fuming.

"Are you serious?! You spilled my coffee all over me and you couldn't apologize! Then I decide to let it go and then you ask if I'm crazy?!" I say. His blonde hair and grey eyes fits perfectly on his masculine face. He is slightly taller than me and probably my age or a year older.

"You're a jerk" I say pushing him backwards and walking away. He stood there dumbfounded. He was really expecting me to apologize when it should have been the other way round. Jerk.

I enter my car and speed off. Tomorrow is the first day of school after an amazing summer break. I'm not going to let what just happened get on my nerves.

*******************************************
Andrea seems like the opposite of Chloé already.
She wasn't that nice to the mysterious blondie😂
Don't forget to Vote and Comment
Mavi✨