Chapter 16

When we get into the house, Eva and Molly are in the parlor watching a movie. Rielle joins them. "I'm still getting used to the fact that you're Jason's sister. You guys are complete opposites" he says chuckling. I know right!

We start carrying the clothes I bought from the car to my room. It took both of us two strides to get everything. Now the problem is that I don't know where to put it.

I remove all the old clothes from my closet. To be thrown away. Then I start unpacking. It feels like I don't need to shop for another ten years. I just keep wondering what Kayla will do with all the clothes she bought.

"Can you wear this" Dave says holding up a piece of cloth. It looks like a scarf so I'm surprised why he said 'wear' but when I look closer, it's a gown.

I take it from him to examine it. If I wear this it'll stop just half way my thighs. The back is open completely and there's no sleeve just straps. I definitely didn't choose this. Maya!

"I can't wear this. No one in their right mind should" I say and he laughs at that. Why is he laughing. I want to change my look but not look like a hoe!

"I would love to see you wear that" be sounds different when he says that. His voice is...husky? I clear my throat realizing that we're alone in the room. I head over to the door and open it wide. This is the first time I'm having a guy, other than Jason, in my room and I'm starting to feel uncomfortable.

"I'm just kidding" he says laughing "it's not like I'm forcing you to wear it." I ignore him and continue unpacking.

"Chloé! You're home" my mom says excited when she sees my door opened but then she looks shocked seeing my brother's best friend on my bed and clothes on the floor. That does paint a picture, doesn't it?

"What's going on here?" She asks. "I got tired of my old clothes and decided to go shopping and since there's no space, I'll throw away these clothes" I say pointing to the clothes on the floor.

"Fold the clothes and bring it to my room. I'll donate it to a foundation. But the main question is what is Dave doing in your room. Jason isn't home"

I didn't know how to tell her what is going on. "I'm her boyfriend" Dave says proudly. Mom and I gasp. "Can I have a word with you" mom says to me and walks out.

I give Dave a death glare and walk out. "Can you explain further" she doesn't look angry, just concerned. "Remember the advice you gave me? Well he came back and the 'he' is Dave. He asked me to be his girlfriend today..." a smile plastered on her face "...and I said yes" her smile widens.

"Did he give you that" she says pointing to my necklace and I nod my head, blushing. She hugs me and I hug her back. "I'm happy for you sweetie. Wait..." she pulls out of the hug "...did he buy you those clothes?"

"No mom. I used the credit card dad gave me."I tell her. "Okay. Don't forget we are Christians and we don't believe in sex before marriage so whatever you guys do, don't let it get to there" she says and I nod my head. She has told me that a thousand times and I'm tired of hearing it. She should go tell that to Jason.

She walks away and I go back to my room. Time to scold that boyfriend of mine. "What was that about!" I yell immediately I get in. "What?" He looks confused. "I wanted to be the one to tell her" I say faking a frown. "C'mon babe. The important thing is that she knows."

Did he just say babe? "Okay fine. But don't call me babe. That pet name is so common. Besides that's what my dad calls mom so it's so awkward for me"

"Okay? So what should I call you?" He asks. I start folding the clothes on the floor. "That's why I have a name" I say to him. "If at all we must have a pet name, let it be something unique and special to only us" I finish.

I'm done with the clothes so I take a sit down beside him on the bed. "There's something that brought us together. Maybe the party, our project, Jason, I don't know but there's something." He says. I understand what he is saying and I feel the same way.

"Like a force of attraction?" I ask and he nods. "Like magnets" we both say at the same time. He's my magnet and I'm his. We attract to each other. Bingo, Pet name found.

"Magnet?" He asks me like he read my mind. "Magnet" I reply. He leans closer to me, our lips less than an inch away. I cover the gap. It feels different than the first. This kiss is slow and passionate and...

"Eww" Eva says. I forgot I left the door open. We look at Eva and look at ourselves, flustered and embarrassed.

"Mom said i should call you down for dinner and next time close your door" she says before running downstairs. Next time, I will.

We go downstairs and join the rest for dinner. "So you're her boyfriend" dad says to Dave and he nods a yes. "I liked you as my son's friend but now the bar has been raised higher so I don't think I like you that much" dad continues and Dave nearly choked on his food.

"I promise to take care of your daughter" he says. Dad just looks at him, not impressed. "Dad don't be to harsh" I say and we continue with our food.

"I think we would go now" Dave says after dinner "Thanks for having us". He kisses me goodbye. "It was a pleasure" mom says before he heads out with his sister.

It was a pleasure indeed. I decide to change his contact to 'Dave❤️🧲' Don't question me. A lot of things happened in one day.

******************************************
Everything's going well with them. Magnets. I like the idea. What do you think of it?
Vote and Comment
Mavi✨