Book 2- Chapter 13

When we get to school, Jonah offers to drive me home. I charge my phone in his car and when it comes on, there are 22 missed calls from mom. And tons of messages. Typical.

"Did you enjoy the trip?" Jonah asks me, trying to start up a conversation. "Umm yeah. It was fun. I made new friends." I say and realize I shouldn't have.

"Which new friends?" I'm sure he doesn't know about Adrian's sister. "Umm you know I said I walked around. So I met new people. Not really friends. More like acquaintances. And besides, we started dating so that was the highlight of my trip" I say trying to start up a new convo.

The highlight of my trip was me at the flower garden, with Adrian and Isla, not him being my boyfriend.

"That's the same for me" he says, placing his hands on mine. It's not like when I held Adrian's hand. There are no butterflies, my heart beat didn't increase, nothing. I don't know why I keep comparing the both of them. Maybe with time I'll love Jonah. I really want this relationship to work out.

Soon we reach my house and I come down. He helps me with my loads. What a gentleman. "You don't know who your boyfriend is" Adrian's voice keeps echoing in my head. I need to bury that thought. Jonah is a really nice guy.

When I go in, the house is filled with people. My granny and my cousins. My aunts and uncles. My mom walks towards me and snaps me out of my confused state.

"I hope you didn't forget what today is" my mom says. A week to Christmas, there's a family dinner organized for everyone. This year it is held in our house. Arghhh

"But mom I just came back. Can't I skip it?" I ask. She ignores me. "Who is this young man" I guess that's a no.

"Good day Mrs Gayns. I'm Jonah. Andrea's boyfriend" he says. My mom's smile widens. "Call me Chloé then. Do you mind joining the family dinner?" Wait...what?

"Mom?! I think..." I start to say "Sure. What time should I be here" Jonah Cuts me off.

"7pm and dress formal"

He helps me carry my stuffs to my room and then leaves. I think I'll sleep before going back downstairs.

*knock knock knock*
I don't respond hoping whoever it is leaves. The door comes in. My wish wasn't granted.

"Sorry for disturbing" Someone says and I see Beverly. Beverly is 10, my brothers age. She's the 1st child of my uncle, Jason and Maya.

"It's okay. What's it?" It's not okay! "Granny said I should give you this" She says handing me a bag. I'm sure it contains my dinner gown for today.

Every year, she gives all of us a dress to wear. It's part of the tradition. I take it from her and she leaves. I need to rest before I face everyone.

There is Mom, Dad, me and my brother. My uncle, Jason and his wife which is my mom's best friend, Maya. They have 3kids. Beverly,Preston and Jackie. Jackie is just a year old. My aunties; Eva, Molly and her husband Greg and their kids Mike and Fred. Then Rielle and her daughter, Grace. Rielle had a divorce earlier this year so at least it's one less person today.

I end up tossing and turning in bed. I couldn't shut my eyes. I should go down and help set the table or something. My mom and Maya are in the kitchen cooking.

I sneak out to the backyard. I need some air. I see Jason and Preston out there. "Andrea!" Preston yells running to me. He's eight just like Isla. I think they will get along just well if they met.

"Hey buddy. How are you doing?" I ask him, embracing him in a hug. "I'm cool." He says and runs inside. He's so full of energy.

"Come over here" Jason says as he taps the space beside him. I walk over there and sit down. "Hey uncle" I say to him.

"Hey....Your mom mentioned you had a boyfriend. I can remember when you were still a baby. Now you're all grown up" he says, smiling. I couldn't help but smile too.

"I don't know if I did the right thing" I tell him. I can tell him almost everything. He's the only one that knows I had a bully in school. I didn't tell him the details though because I was embarrassed.

"What do you mean?" I don't know where to start explaining. I'm happy with Jonah, he's a good guy and all. But I can't help thinking of Adrian. He's always there for me. But then, I don't want to add to their problems. They are brothers and the sons of my boss.

"Jonah, my boyfriend. He's nice and I like him." I say trying to think of what to say next. "But?" Jason says. He's right. There's a but. There are a lot of buts.

"But...I also like his brother..." I say, finally admitting to myself that I like Adrian. "...I'm not sure which is stronger. I'm so confused."

"Which one of them would you rather be around?"

"Adrian. He's more comforting but can be a jerk at times." I say, laughing lightly.

"I think time will tell. You don't have to rush into anything. You're still young and one day you'll find love."

Time will tell. I thank him for the advice. "Sure" he said and we did our secret handshake

"We better go in and get ready" he says and we stand up and go in.

I take a shower and wear my dress. It's a green satin dress. I put on make up and head downstairs just when the bell rings. Beverly rushes to the door and opens it.

Jonah appears in a black tux. He looks hot and sexy. I do have a handsome boyfriend.

"You look stunning" he whispers into my ear as we walk into the dinning room. I try to hide my blush but I couldn't help it. We take a sit beside each other.

"So you're my daughters boyfriend?" dad says with a disapproving look on his face. Oh boy!

********************************************
Andrea likes the two brothers!
Who are you rooting for. Adrian or Jonah?
Vote and Comment
Mavi✨