Book 2- Chapter 16

Chloe's POV
When I got to the office, I noticed that Thomas, my new personal assistant, wasn't at his desk. After several rings, he finally answers my call.

"Why aren't you in the office?" I ask him. "You didn't know?..." didn't know what? "..your husband fired me" he says. What?! Dave has been acting like a child and throwing jealous fits since Thomas became my PA but he has no right to fire him.

"I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding. Come back to work"

"I rather not ma. Your husband made it very clear that he doesn't want to see me there." And with that he hung up on me.

Dave has nothing to do with the hospital I run. What's his problem! Immediately after my shift was over, I rushed home to give him a piece of my mind.

Alex and Andrea weren't home so I waited patiently for Dave to come home.

"Hey magnet. How was your day" he says coming into the house with a grin on his face. "Terrible" I reply. He drops his bag on the couch and loosens his tie.

"Why?" Seriously?! "Because I had no PA through out the day. Why did you fire Thomas."

He went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and walks back to the parlor, taking a gulp. "He wasn't useful. You'll need a better PA" he says.

"That's my business! You have nothing to do with my employees!" I say, raising my voice. I'm sick and tired of this attitude.

"Don't raise your voice at me! I have everything to do with your employees cause I'm your husband!" He yells back.
"That doesn't make you have the right to fire my employee!" I shoot back.

"I was just doing you a favor Chloé!" Did he just call me by my name? He never does that unless he's serious and very angry. But I'm the one to be angry and not him.

"You must be kidding me DAVE" I say, emphasizing his name. He takes another gulp from the cup and places it on the counter.

"You know what...if not for that mistake we made when we were teenagers, we wouldn't have had Andrea and we wouldn't have been together" he spits. How could he say that?! He's going to far for a very mild issue. Andrea was never a mistake to me and would never be. I wouldn't change what happened for anything.

I slap him with all the strength I had and walked away when I realize that Andrea was at the  door. How long has she been there? Well certainly long enough to here Dave's last statement. "Andrea..." I start to say but I'm cut off.

"I'm a mistake?! You had me when you were a teen?! Why didn't you tell me! Don't worry. You guys won't have to put up with me again." She says and walks out, slamming the door. I call after her but she ignores me. I want to follow her but maybe she needs to cool off. She'll probably be in a friend's house and will come back later this night.

"Clap for yourself Dave" I say turning back to him. He has tears and his eyes and it was full of regrets. "I didn't mean.." he starts to say but I interrupt it. "Just save it" I say and walk to my room.

Hours later, Andrea isn't back and it's getting dark. I'm happy Alex wasn't home to witness any of this. I tried calling all her friends I know, including her boyfriend, but no one seems to know where she is.

"Any news yet?" Dave asks me coming into our room. "What did you expect?.." I say still mad at him. He takes a sit on the bed. "Aren't you going to sleep in the guest room or am I?" I ask but he doesn't reply. Did he really think he'll sleep in the same room with me?

He gets up and leaves me all alone. What is happening to my family?

Andrea's POV
I suddenly stop driving and realize I'm at Adrian's apartment. I'm surprised I didn't have an accident cause my eyes are filled with tears and my vision is blurry.

I never knew my mom had me at a young age. And I never knew my dad saw me as a mistake. I thought they loved each other. I thought they loved me. Well who was I kidding. I never believed in Highschool sweet hearts yet look at me, in front of Adrian's apartment.

How pathetic of me to show up at a boy's house. I can go to Vicky's or Bianca's or sleep in my car. Someone comes out of the apartment, with a trash bag in his hand.

Even with how blurry my view was, I could tell it was Adrian. Just before he went back in, he noticed my car and walked up to me.

"Andrea? What are you doing here?" He asks with a cheeky smile on his face. At least someone is happy to have me.

"I came to see you? Can I maybe sleep over today? I don't want to go home" I say to him. He gladly accepted my offer and led me to his apartment.

"Are you hungry?" He asks when we go in, locking the door behind him. "No not really. I'm not in the mood to eat."

"Erm..okay. Do you want to share what happened?"

"I'll rather not. I was a mistake. That's all you need to know." I say and lie on the couch and force myself to sleep.

******************************************
Chloe's POV🤩 I never knew I'll write in her POV again. Share your thoughts.
Vote and comment
Mavi✨