Chapter 14

"Wake up!!" Maya screams in my face. What's going on. I check the time and see that it's 6am. I still have one hour of sleep left. I remain in bed and shut my eyes. "Wake up!!!' She screams louder.

"Ok ok. I'm up" I say groaning and sit up. "We need to get to work. Go and shower and get back here ASAP." Bossy much?

When I get back to my room it looks like I'm in a salon. Where did she get all this from. She does my nails. Trims my hair and does a fairy tale braid. She did a light make up for me and gave me what to wear.

A short red gown with a black belt, black boots and a very long socks that'll pass my knees. I want a new look but this is what someone like Brittney will wear not me. "I'll pass" I say. She looks at me like I've gone crazy.

"It's up to you. Do you want to get his attention or not?" I shrug and decide to go with it. I dress up and I admit I look good. To be honest I have a good shape and from now on I'll be making good use of it. "Let's go shopping soon, I can't keep wearing your clothes" I say. "Those aren't mine I bought it so they're now yours and yes, we do need to go shopping."

I grab an apple to eat when we go downstairs. I don't feel like eating food. Maya drives us to school like always.

Once I come out of the car all eyes are on me. I only wanted to get Dave's attention but it seems like I got the whole school's attention. I know I look hot. People that don't even look at me twice wants to know me now. All I can think of is I have biology with Dave soon.

It's time for biology now and Dave decided to seat away from me. I saw the shock in his eyes when I entered the class. All eyes were on me. Miss Clara finally came in and the class started. I could feel his gaze on me once in a while.

"Sorry for coming late. I just got my schedule from the principal" a guy says coming into the class. I guess he is new.

"Are you the new transfer student?" The teacher asks. He nods his head. "Introduce yourself and take your seat." The seat beside me is empty so I guess he'll seat there.

"I'm Max Finns and I'm new here" he says. He has dirty blond hair and green eyes. He's tall and looks athletic. I think he'll become popular soon. Girls starts giggling and whispering. "Girls" I sigh.

His eyes roams the class and when he sees the only empty seat is beside me, he smiles at me and heads over here. He looks charming with his smile. I look to the back and see Dave frowning.

An idea came to my mind. Why don't I make him jealous? Two can play this game. Max seats down and the class begins. "Hey" he whispers to me. "Hey. I'm Chloé" I whisper back.

It's lunch time now and Max walks me to the cafeteria. I thought we'll go separately after that but he sat down with us. Seems like we have a new friend.

"So what made you transfer here?" Maya asks after introducing herself. "My mom's boss got her transferred here so we had to move with her" he replies. Before Maya could continue with her questions, someone approached us.

She takes her seat at our table. "This is Kayla" Maya introduces. Okay? "She doesn't have any friends here so I invited her to our table" she finishes. I remain silent till the rest of the lunch.

I quickly went back to my locker to grab something and Max followed cause we have the same class next. I wanted him to get Dave jealous but it seems like he's just around me too much.

"Chloé" I know that voice. It's Dave. I turn back to look at him. "Yesterday you said you like me and then today you throw yourself at the new guy? You're just showing your real color" he spits. Ouch. That hurts.

Before I know what is going on Max pushes him back. "You don't have the right to talk to her that way" max says defending me. I come in between them to avoid a fight from starting. Crowd is already gathering.

"Get lost Dave" I say and leave, dragging Max with me. "What's wrong with you!" I yell at max. "It's your first day and you're starting a fight and making a scene!"
"Chill out. I was just trying to defend you"

"Is that your ex?" He asks me. "No" I reply. "I'm just a fool thinking that he ever liked me. I dress up this way and get the attention of the whole school but not him. And then I try to make him jealous but it didn't work" I say and break into a sob.

"First of all, you look stunning in what you're wearing and secondly, I can help you make him jealous" he says. I blush at his comment and wipe my tears away.

"What do you mean?" How does he want me to make him jealous. "We can pretend like we're dating just to get on his nerves."

I don't think I can go to that extreme. Besides, I just met him today. "Let's just hang out that's all. That will be enough to make him jealous. But I'll think about it" We finally arrive at our class. I take a sit beside Maya so he takes a seat somewhere else. Should I agree to what he said?

"Let's go shopping today. I want to maintain this new look" I say to Maya and she agrees.

After school, Kayla follows us shopping. Max and I exchanged numbers to keep in touch. I told Maya everything that happened. I expected her to say if I should do it or not, but she stayed quiet.

When we got to the mall, we went to the make-up section first. I don't even know how to apply it so for now Maya is my personal make up artist.

Then we go to the clothes store. I bought a lot of dresses and skirts. Most of them above my knees, then I went to tight jeans and tops. I was pleased with my shopping. Kayla bought more than me. I guess she loves shopping.

We were going to pay when I ran into someone. It was Dave and a younger girl. I guess that's his sister, Rielle, that he told me about. She looks like him.

"Can we talk?" He says to me. So now he decides to behave sane? I'm sick of his games and I won't let him shout at me in the public. I walk away and he holds me back.

That wasn't him. This hand was smaller. I look back and it is his sister. "Please? I know that my brother has been a jerk..." she's right about that "...but just give him one minute"

Should I say no? I'm tired of getting hurt.

******************************************
I think Chloé deserves someone that'll support her. Like Max. But do you think she'll talk with Dave? And will it work?
Share your thoughts.
Vote and Comment
Mavi✨