Chapter 8

Throughout the weekend, Dave and I kept chatting. For the first time in forever I was actually excited for Monday to come. I'll get to see and hang out with him. We're friends now right?

Right. I decide to dress a little bit different. I went to my Mom's room to borrow her mascara, that's the only make up I know how to use apart from lip gloss.

I wore a ripped blue jeans and white tank top I bought yesterday. I stared at the mirror and saw my hazel eyes stare back at me. Jason and I took that from my mom while the rest have brown eyes like my dad and Maya too.

I decide to curl my reddish brown hair and let it down on my shoulders. I look pretty today. I also took my hair color from my mom while the rest have golden brown hair but Eva has black hair.

Maya is going to see the dentist today. I know she set her appointment on Monday just to miss school. That girl! So that means I have to drive to school. Jason also told me he won't be in school today.

I'm grateful that there's really no traffic congestion in Atlanta. I get to school within few minutes and head to my locker. It's feels weird walking into school alone.

Dave came by my locker surprisingly. "Hey friend. You look different today. I like it." he says grinning and I blush, happy that he noticed. "May I accompany you to your first class" He asks like a gentleman. "Sure"

"I have a hunch that Jason likes you" Dave says suddenly. "What?!" I say dumbfounded. "What made you say that"

"When I told him I was friends with you, he looked so angry like he wanted to hit me and he said 'stay away from her' and just walked away. Sounded like he was jealous"

Typical Jason, so overprotective. "I don't think so. He's just surprised and angry that he has to share his best friend with me. Just talk it over" I finally respond.

We get to my class and he waves goodbye and heads in another direction. I just sorted out problems with Jason, I hope this won't be a another problem. Mr Robinson comes in and the class starts immediately.

After biology, Dave follows me to lunch and says he'll sit with me so that I won't be alone. How nice.

The week has come to an end and it's time for us to submit Lucy back. Lucy gave us 85%. Seems like we were good parents.

I guess that's the end of the friendship between Dave and I. All week Dave has been sitting on our table and Alyssa joined. I think she likes him.

"I'll keep in touch. Bye" Dave says and walks
out. It's been amazing spending time with him but I guess he's already tired of me.

"Hey Chloé. Can we talk" Alyssa says coming from nowhere. "Sure" I reply stopping in my tracks. Maya is waiting for me so this better be fast.

"I know your secret." She says looking creepy. "What secret?"

"Don't play dumb with me. I know you're Jason's twin." What?! How did she find out. A smirk appears on her face. She's up to something.

"I'm not a snitch and I won't tell unless you leave me no choice" she continues. I thought this kind of role is for girls like Brittney not her. She disgusts me.

"What the hell do you want" I say with an irritated tone.
"Calm done. I'm doing you a favor." I keep looking at her waiting for her to say what she wants.

"Stay away from Dave..." geez how many times will I hear that "...and your little secret is safe with me" I knew she likes him.

"We are just friends. You can have him" I say
like its not much of a big deal. She laughs at what I say. "Well I don't want you to be friends. I want him for myself. I know you like him and with the way he looks at you, he might as well like you"

Know it's my turn to laugh. Dave? Like me? That's a joke! "You're Just insecure. Like I said we're just friends."

"I've made myself clear Chloé. Stay away from him completely. Is that a deal? Or do you want the whole school to know about your secret." She spits.

What have I gotten myself into. I don't need drama. I guess I just have to stay away. "Ok. It's a deal" I reply and walk away.

I spot Maya and get into her car. "I don't feel like going home. Let's go to your house instead" I say to her. She agrees and speeds off.

Why did I go to that stupid party. Everything got worse since then. I had my hopes up that maybe something can happen between Dave and I. I'm such a fool.

I didn't realize I started crying until Maya started soothing me. I have the best friend ever. I don't need Dave.

I wipe my tears and keep my eyes on the road. I need to be strong. I tell Maya everything that happened and what I have decide to do. I know she has been waiting for all the juicy details. Thankfully, she agrees with me.

Since it's Friday I called my mom and told her I'll be sleeping over at Maya's. She sounded worried over the phone but let me be.

Maya always makes me feel better. We watched comedy series: The Good Place. I finished a bowl of ice cream. I wonder what I'll do if I get heartbroken.

I can't forget the fact that Alyssa said Dave likes me. That he looks at me differently. Could that be true? Even if it is, the universe has made it clear that I can't be with him.

I receive a text.
*Dave: hey. What's up*
I switch off my phone. I have to stay away. Even if it'll be hard for me.

********************************************
Does Dave like Chloé? Will she stay away? In the midst of all this drama what's going on between Maya and Jason?
Vote and Comment
Mavi✨