Chapter 6

I have been trying to avoid Dave all week. Jason is still angry at me for coming to that party and has been avoiding me. I guess Dave has to avoid Jason for a reason to complete the triangle of avoidance. Anyways, I am in the locker rooms with Maya changing for gym class.

Fortunately, I'm good at sports and I have an athletic body. I have always wanted to join the cheerleading team but since Brittney is there, so I decided not to. I can't say the same for Maya though. She is so un-athletic, if there's something like that.

We go into the gym room and I guess we're playing volleyball today. Students were already warming up. I was about to begin when someone called out my name. I turned around to see Dave. Oh boy...

He waves at me and I wave back then he starts walking towards me. Isn't the wave enough?! Today I didn't bring Lucy to school so why does he have to talk to me.

"Hey! I haven't seen you all week" he says as he gets closer. His gym shirt is tight and his muscles are out. I can't help but drool. "Hey, Chloé" he tries to get my attention waving his hand in front of my face. "Umm, hey" I reply shyly. This boy is going to be the death of me.

"I haven't seen you all week. How's Lucy?" He asks. What a wonderful father he'll be. "Erm she's fine. I've just been busy that's all" I reply   Where's Maya, she should be helping me out.

Oh there she is, flirting with a jock. I turn back to see Dave. Why is he still there. Urghh. " I was thinking we should go to the park tomorrow with Lucy" he says scratching the back of his head. Why does he look nervous? Is he nervous? Nah..he can't be.

"But we have school tomorrow" I say happy I have a reason not to go. But then why does he look confused. Ohh today is Friday. No wonder he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Ok. Is 1pm fine?" I ask before he could say anything, realizing this is the first time I'm going out with a guy. I know it's not a date but I'll take whatever I can get.

"Sure. I'll come pick you up" no he can't do that. Doesn't he get that? "It's better if we just meet there" I reply. I was about to walk away when the coach calls us.

"Since you two are too busy to pay attention. Why don't you kickstart the game" Coach Andrew says. What?! I do want to play but not to start! And not against Dave.

Dave walks to the Centre where the game is set up and I follow closely behind. Well I don't have a choice. I see Jason and Brittney together both glaring at me. What's up with them. Sigh.

I know I said I'm athletic and good at sports but I'm nothing compared to Dave. The game ended at 5-2 and to be honest I did have fun.

"You haven't stopped smiling since you got in the car" Maya says looking at me with a questioning face. Oh I haven't told her about my date, I mean outing tomorrow.

"Dave and I are taking Lucy to the park tomorrow" I say like it's no big deal meanwhile I'm squealing in my head. But unlike me, Maya squeals out loud.

"When were you going to tell me!" I look at her and remember what she was doing then. "You were flirting, remember?"  I'm not surprised really. That's one of Maya's talents, to flirt. She rolls her eyes and continue driving.

Mom took Eva for ballet class today so I'm free. I do my assignments and work on my physics project. Unfortunately, the person I'm paired with in that class isn't interested in helping out.

I decided to talk to Jason today to clear things up. He wasn't in the parlor so I went to his room.

*knock knock knock* "come in!" He yells from behind the door. I take a deep breath and go in. Jason and I are close at home so I'm not comfortable with the fact that we're not on talking terms.

"Hey" I say not knowing if I should take a seat. He looks at me and turn his face away. "What do you want?!" He yells.

"I'm going to leave soon" I say and decide to take a seat. "I know you're angry at me for going to that party. I was going to tell you but you left home early that day. Besides I don't see anything wrong in going to a party. After all you go there every time" I finish.

He finally looks at me. "Ok fine. But next time tell me. You can call me you know. And don't play games you can't handle" You see what I mean by he's overprotective. I wanted to ask him what happened between him and Brittney but I decided against it.

He ruffles my hair. "Hey! Don't do that. I'm going out soon" I say giggling. "Going out? Since when did you start to grow up"

I glare at him. "What does that suppose to mean" he doesn't reply and just laughs and I couldn't help but join. His laugh is contagious. "I'm going out with Dave" he stops laughing and looks at me sternly. "Lucy is our biology project so we're going to the park. It's not like it's a date" he just keeps looking at me.

"I know you like him Chloé" he finally breaks the silence. But wait what?! "No I don't! Beside he's your best friend" I lie trying to convince him.

"I really don't care if you like my best friend or if you date him. But you don't need someone like him. He's a player like me. Stay away from him after your project" I couldn't reply. How does he know?!

" I saw you guys at gym class today..." he continues. "...I always suspected you liked him but today confirmed it. You didn't stop blushing like a fool" he says laughing. I hit his shoulders. "Hey! Was it that obvious?!"I ask paranoid that everyone in school is going to find out and I'll become the Centre of attention. The nerd that has a crush on the jock. Epic. I'm sure the school's article team will make a good story out of it.

"Yes it was Chloé. So now you confessed that you like him. Stay away from him" he says hugging me. I hug him back.

I walk to my room thinking about it what he said. Stay away from him. Hmm. But then he also said he doesn't care if I date him?! What of if Dave actually stops being a player? Does that mean I can date him?

I pick up Lucy to get her ready for the park. "Do you think your dad can ever like me?" I ask  Lucy hoping she'll answer me but for obvious reason she didn't. Maybe I should stay away from him.

********************************************
Do you think she will stay away? Or will Dave like such an ordinary girl like her? I'm dying to know your thoughts!
Please vote and comment.
Mavi✨