Book 2- Chapter 9

"Everyone listen up." Mrs Rivers says. It's a new day and we're all in the lounge eating breakfast. Everyone turns their attention to her.

"This morning we're going to be in our different groups to start working on our projects. The afternoon is for hunting and you're free in the evening to do whatever." She finishes.

Hunting?! We're going into the woods! Sounds adventurous. We had our meeting in the game room. There's a pool board in the middle used to play 8 ball. There are chairs with tables in the middle and board games on them like chess and monopoly.

"So guys. What project do you have in mind" Marcus says breaking the silence. "The project needs to be something we need in a place like this. And the only thing I need is signal" Vicky says, groaning.

"But how can we do that?" Marcus sighs. "We need to think of something else.." Jonah chirps in. "There's also no electricity here" he continues.

Yup there is no electricity. At night, we make use of candles. Our phone batteries are low, but we came with power banks and I'm with my laptop.

"We aren't getting anywhere with this.." I finally speak up. "...let's think of something throughout the day and meet here again in the evening" I finish. We all agree on it and head out.

I go to my room to get ready for the hunting. I wear a pair of jeans and a sweater. I wonder if we'll be able to catch any squirrels today.

When I go downstairs, everyone is set to go. We are divided into 2 groups, going to different directions. I grabbed my bow and arrow, my only aim is to be safe and not to actually hunt. I have never hunted before.

We just kept walking for miles without an end. I got tired and thirsty and yet no one in my group has caught anything.

I see a path of flowers and I go there and stop following the rest. It's the most beautiful view I've seen. There are butterflies of different colors everywhere and there's a nice scent.

I pick up a red lily and sniff on it, then I put it on my ear. Snow starts falling lightly. I remove my phone from my pocket and play some music and I start dancing and taking pictures.

"What are you doing" Someone says and I turn around to see a little girl. She looks like a 7year old but she's not alone. She's with Adrian.

"I was hunting and I decided to check here out" I say pulling out my phone and stopping the music again. "She's my friend. I know her" Adrian says.

Okay so now I'm his friend?! So confusing! "Okay. My name is Isla. I live around here with my family and I come here once in a while." She says, introducing herself.

"How old are you?" I ask her. I can't help but be curious. "I'm eight. Please can you put the music back on?" She says and I do that. She starts dancing and I burst into a laughter with Adrian.

"How do you know her?" I ask him and take a sit on the grass. A butterfly with purple wings lands on my fingers. So cute.

"You like asking a lot of questions Maddie" he says and I'm taken aback by the name he calls me.

"Why did you call me that?" I ask rudely and he looks shocked by my reaction. "Isn't that your name? That's what your friends called you" He says.

"My friends call me that, not you. My name is Andrea" I get up to leave. "Wait. Why are you so angry. I didn't know your name was Andrea" he says holding me back.

"Then you should have asked." I say. He apologizes and tells me to sit down and I do. "I still don't understand why your friends called you that"

"It's only for them to call me and no one else. So answer my question will you?" I say, still sounding pissed.

"She's my sister but from another mother. Her her mom, step dad and siblings live around here. I decided to visit her and she brought me here" he finally says.

So he has a lot of siblings? "I'm only related to her. Her siblings aren't from my dad" he says as if he read my mind.

This is a poor neighborhood. No electricity, no amenities and no infrastructure. If her dad is Andrew Schwann she shouldn't be living here.

"Is she a Schwann?" I ask him. I expected him to get angry and walk away. He did tell me not to ask about his family but I can't help it.

"She is." He says. "So.." I was about to ask another question but he stopped me. "Don't" He says and I kept quiet.

He lives in an expensive apartment and his sister lives in a cottage!

"Adrian! Adrian! The plant is growing!" Isla says running towards him and we followed her. A small flower is growing in the spot she pointed to.

I bend down to inspect it and I see it's a primrose. I know a lot about flowers you can call me a flower geek.

"This grows in Europe not here" I say to them. They look at me like I'm crazy. "I read a lot about flowers" I continue and the oohed.

"I got it for her to plant. She's also a fan of flowers but doesn't read on it" Adrian says and I laugh. "I can teach you about them" I say to Isla and her eyes widen.

"Really?" She asks and I nod a yes. "We can meet here tomorrow" Adrian says and we agree. "I need to go home before mother starts looking for me" Isla says.

"Before you go have this" I say to her and give her he pack of skittles I had in my pocket. "Yaay" she squeals and begins to walk home with Adrian. He looks back and waves at me then turns back.

I can't continue hunting so I retrace my steps until I get back to the cottage. I go to my room and lock the doors. It's time to watch a movie.

********************************************
What do y'all think about Adrian's mystery sister.
Vote and Comment🥺
Mavi✨