Book 2- Chapter 17

Dave's POV
Everything started going down the drain because of me. I didn't mean anything I said, I was just really stressed out and angry, mostly because that was the day my mother died.

I had never seen Andrea as a mistake. Even though I wasn't fully ready to become a father as a teenager, I was so excited to experience fatherhood. So excited to start a family.

And then there was Thomas. I trust my wife completely but not Thomas. I met him in college and he's capable of doing anything.

I didn't like the fact that he will always be around Chloe and keeping tabs on her. He's an ex convict for Christ sake! I wasn't jealous, I was just worried. And I can't believe such a little issue led to this huge mess.

It's been a week now and all Alex does is to ask of his sister. She hasn't replied any calls or messages and she's not been going to school or work. Everyone is paranoid and I'm the one to blame.

"Dad!" Alex shouts from behind me. "When are we going to the mall to get the sneakers you promised me?"

It's Saturday and I have nothing else to do. "Let's go now champ" I say to him and grab the keys.

"Mom! We're going out!" He screams into the house and walks out with me.

"So when are you going to tell me what really happened to Andrea" he asks for the 100th time on our way to the mall.

"I've told you already. She's staying at a friends in the mean time."

"But why?"

I don't ignore the question and pull into he drive way. Before I park very well, Alex runs out of the car. "Drea!" He yells.

I look through the glass and see Andrea with a guy I don't recognize. She looks surprised at first but open her arms wide to receive her brother's hug.

I don't bother parking properly again. I quickly come out of the car and walk towards her. "Can we talk?" I ask her. She looks at me with a frown on her face and tears clouding her eyes. "No." I look at the boy that she's with. She's most likely living with him. He looks like a bad boy.

"Erm...Alex? Let's go and leave them alone for a while." Andrea gives him a disapproving glare but he just smiles back at her. He's a good boy after all. "Sure" Alex replies.

"As far as I know, people stay away from mistakes. So what do you want from me?!"

"You're not a mistake Andrea. I just had a bad day and was angry. I didn't.." I start to say before she cut me off.

"Well there are only two scenarios where people say the truth. When they're drunk and when they're angry. You said the truth dad and I get it. You were just a...." I cut her off this time.

"No. You don't get it. I was just a teenager? Yes. But when I heard your mom was pregnant, I was confused on what to do But was happier than I had been since I lost my mom." I pull out my wallet and bring out a picture.

The first ultra scan appointment I had with Chloe, I was given a picture of the baby in her womb. I have kept it since then. If there's anything Andrea is, it's a blessing.

Chloe and I faced hardships in our relationship and Andrea was the strong bond holding us together. What I said the other day had a little bit of truth. If not for Andrea, we might have not ended up together. And it wouldn't be good, it would've been dreadful. I hand the picture to her.

"That was you in your moms womb, when she was about 3months pregnant. I have always been happy to have you in my life. You were not a mistake, but a blessing. You're the outcome of love and nothing else. I wouldn't change that for anything."

Her eyes are still glued to the picture and tears are rolling down her eyes. She finally looks up and hugs me. "I love you dad" she says.

"I love you to baby girl."

"Can I keep this?"

"Nope" I say and take the picture back, placing it carefully in my wallet. "It's what keeps me going. If I don't have it, your old man might not survive" I say and we burst into a fit of laughter.

"So who's that guy you were with?" I ask her.

Andrea's POV
"That's a friend of mine. His name is Adrian" I reply. Adrian has been there and very supportive of me.

"And you stayed with him for a week? Did he touch you?" Dad asks sounding worried.

"He didn't dad. He's a gentleman" I say trying to hide my blush. He really is and has been treating my like a princess in his apartment.

"You know there are consequences for missing school right?" Oh no! Cool dad mode didn't last for long.

"So what did you guys come to do at the mall" I say trying to change the topic. I hope it works.

"I can see what you're trying to do there young lady. We'll discuss that when we get home" wish denied.

"Well I cane to buy your brother a pair of sneakers."

We meet up with Adrian and Alex and go into the mall together.

******************************************
Dave's POV😍
I know you guys wanted to murder him but did he justify himself?
Vote and comment.
Mavi ✨