Book 2- Chapter 7

Winter break is close by and we have a class trip coming up. I wanted to pass but my parents want me to go. We'll be going to the woods and staying in a cabin without technology. You can come with phones but there's no signal there. The only thing you can do with it is to take pictures. How fun.

The task is to make something useful in that environment with whatever scraps found. We're grouped into four. My team is Jonah, Vicky, Marcus and I. Zion,Bianca, Ben and Tina are in another team.

We are leaving on Saturday but I've not started parking. I'm not excited about it. I don't have a shift today so I decide to start. I wish they gave us a day of on Friday but they didn't so we still have to go to school tomorrow.

I pack mostly sweaters and hoodies because of how cold it'll be. I downloaded a lot of movies on my laptop and place it at the bottom of my luggage. Laptops aren't allowed but we still sneak it in anyways. I put some marshmallows, sweets, chocolates and cookies in my toiletries bag. Who would suspect?

I climb out through the window of my room. That's my escape way from this house without anyone knowing.

Outside is wet and chill. The breeze hits my face causing me to shiver. My hair is lost in the wind and blows backwards. I put my hands in the pocket of my jacket and keep on walking.

I see an hotdog truck and I wonder what it's doing this night but I go towards it's to buy one. "An hot dog with ketchup please" I say to the man in the truck and he makes one for me.

I keep on walking with the hot dog in my hand. I really don't know where I'm heading to. During this past weeks, Jonah and I have been hanging out. He's usually at the cafe when I'm on my shift. After the incident with Adrian, I don't see him there again. Jo mentioned that he lived alone.

I spot a bench on the walk way and decide to sit there. In front is a four story building apartment complex. I always wanted to live in a house like this. Especially at the roof top, where you can see he view of the city. It will be so beautiful at night. Why don't I go and see it.

When I enter into the building, I see security guards. I should I've known I won't just have access inside. "How can we help you?" One if them asks politely. I had to quickly think of a lie then I remember the hotdog in my hand. "I came to deliver this to the top floor" I say. They look at me, as if they're trying to inspect me but they eventually let me go in.

I walk inside and the lounge is so beautiful. There's a receptionist desk but no one is there. I use the elevators to the roof top. My heart melts when the elevator doors open. The wind at the top is heavier. The air is thick and cool. The view is amazing.

I bring out my phone and begin to play boyfriend by Selena Gomez. That song cuts through my soul. I stand at the end, any mistake and I'll fall down. "What are you doing here?" Someone says, the person's breath on my skin startles me and I fall forwards.

I thought I would fall down and that would be the end but I was dragged back and turned around and I'm faced with Adrian, his face is so close to mind that if I move a little bit forward his lips would be on mine.

We stay there awkwardly then I move back. "Adrian? What are you doing here?" I say. "I should be asking you that question. I live here" he says, his eyes on my lips. Why is he looking there?

I turn around briefly and turn back to stop his gaze then he clears his throat awkwardly. I remember my music is still on and put it off.

"Sorry for intruding" I say and walk away. "Wait.." He says and I stop in my track and turn around. "It's already late. Maybe I should drive you home." He says kindly.

"Seriously? You can't act all mean to me one day and decide to act kindly the next!"
I yell and he's taking aback by my out burst. I walk out not wanting to say more. I almost lost my job because of him and now he's offering me a ride?

When I go outside, I regret not taking his offer. The wind is stronger and my house is a bit far. I trekked for a long while. I got back home and climbed back up through my window. No one knew I went out. I brewed some coffee and stayed by the fire place to keep
me warm. I don't even know why I went there. It was amazing though. I just hate Adrian. The nerve of that guy! Wait....where's my hotdog. I must have left it behind but I'm not going back for it.

Adrian's POV
I was bored of sitting on my bed alone. Living alone makes me lonely at times. I haven't called or visited my mom since the cafe and I feel bad about it. I need to clear my head.

I decided to go to the roof top. Once the doors open, I see a lady at the end, starting outside and enjoying the view. As I get closer I can hear a song playing. I could tell that she doesn't live here.

I went to her back to scare her away but I decided to be more careful since she's at the edge. "What are you doing here?" I ask the lady and she got scared and fell forwards. I quickly held her back and turned her around only to see the mean girl. And yes, I don't still know her name. She looked so beautiful. Her blue eyes starred back at me with fear in them later clouded by relief. Her lips are so closed to touching mine and I start to think if I should lean in or not then she suddenly pulls out.

"Adrian? What are you doing here?" She asks me. "I should be the one asking you that question. I live here"

I stare at her lips and scold myself for not taking the risk. She turns around and turns back to face me. She probably noticed and it became awkward. I clear my throat awkwardly as she puts off her music.

"Sorry for intruding" she says and walks away. I begin to feel alone again. All my life I've been alone. "Wait.." I say to her and she turns around. "...it's already late. Maybe I should take you home" I finish. At least I won't be left alone. I just need company for a little while longer.

"Seriously? You can't act all mean to me one day and decide to act kindly the next!" She yells at me. I'm shocked by what she said but I let her be. She's also mean her self. I don't even know why I offered to help. She walk out and I'm left alone at the roof top. I see an hotdog and I pick it up. I'm sure she left it behind but I eat it cause I'm starving.

******************************************
Seems like Andrea just got him dinner😂😂
Please vote and comment
Mavi✨