Chapter 24

Chloe's POV
Graduation is today and I'm so excited. I didn't go to the prom yesterday cause I felt sick and my prom dress will show of my baby bump. I certainly do not want anyone noticing that. I don't want to be tagged a 'slut'.

High school has taught me a lot of things. I feel like I had the perk of all high school experience. At the beginning I never taught I'd have gone to a high school party or get detention or be dating a jock.

A lot of things changed. I came out of my guarded and comfort zone. I made friends other than Maya. And let's not forget I got pregnant. Sigh.

I'm two and a half months pregnant at 17. It is something that no one will wish for themselves but I do not regret having this baby and I know I'll do my best to be a good mother.

Maya and Kayla are coming over. We are doing our makeup and styling our hair together. We are basically doing everything together.

When I hear Maya's voice from the hallway, I rush to my door and open it. "Hey girl!" Maya says when she sees me. "Hey" I reply. "How's the baby?" Kayla asks. Kayla and Max know about my pregnancy. "The baby's fine. Now let's get ready!" I yell in excitement.

Kayla is the best with hair and Maya with make up. As Maya gets my make up done, Kayla also does her thing. Its like all the attention and spot light is on me. When we all get ready, we proceed to the dresses.

I'm going for a royal purple dress that stops at knee length. It's free and doesn't show off my bump. Kayla goes for a red lace dress and Maya goes for blue fish gown. We all look gorgeous. We put on our heels and head out. I know I'm not meant to wear heels but it's my grad for Christ sake.

Jason is driving us to school. Kayla just found out his secret today. I never had the strength to tell her we were siblings and thankfully she didn't get angry about it. He said he was tired of it and was going to tell everyone today. On our graduation. What's the use?

The school's parking lot is almost full. Graduates and their parents are taking pictures outside while some are inside, seated.

Sadly we can't seat side by side cause we are arranged in alphabetical orders according to our surname. Jason and I sit together and everyone was surprised when they called out my name and realized I had the same surname with him. Seems like he doesn't need tell everyone again.

After the ceremony we all head out to take pictures. We threw our caps in the air. I'll miss Maya but we still have summer break to hang out.

Our parents finally left us in school. We had an after party to attend too. We all know my experience with parties so far so I decide to follow my parents home.

Few weeks later
Dave is coming over today and we're going to the hospital for a check up. The doctor says we will be able to figure out the gender of the baby. I'm so excited.

*knock knock knock*
"Come in" I say to whoever is at my door. "Are you ready?" A head pokes in and I see it's Dave. I nod my head and stand up to follow him.

"What do you think the gender is?" Dave asks when we get into the car. Then he drives off. "A girl. You?" I ask him. "It's a boy. Definitely" he says and I burst into laughter. "What makes you so sure?" I say but he doesn't answer. He just laughs it off.

Unfortunately, the hospital is crowded so it takes a while until we were called upon. "Miss Chloé" the nurse says and I stand up to follow her.

In the doctor's office, I lay down on the bed and raise my shirt up to expose my tummy. The doctor, Lisa, squirts some cold gel on my tummy. This isn't the first time so I'm used to how it feels.

Then she uses the ultrasound scanner to rub the gel around. Soon the sound of the heartbeat of the baby fills the room. Such a beautiful sound.

"Your baby is very healthy. The heartbeat sounds normal and everything seems good. Are you ready to know the gender of the baby?" Dr. Lisa asks. "Yes!" We both say together.

"It's a ..."

We are planning a gender reveal party this weekend. Now that I know the gender of the baby, I can also start shopping.

Gender reveal party
Friends and family are at the backyard of my house. Everyone is wearing either pink or blue shirts. I wore pink while Dave wore blue. I got some gifts for the baby. They were mostly neutral colors since they're just about to find out the gender.

"It's time to announce the gender" Dave says when he gets to the Centre. Everyone's attention is now on him. He gestures for me to join him.

"This box is filled with balloons..." I start to say, pointing to the box beside me. "... if what comes out is blue balloons then it's a boy. If it's pink, it's a girl" I finish.

Dave and I hold the string attached to the box, ready to pull. "Three...two...one" we all count down.

Once we begin to pull, the box opens up and pink balloons comes out. "It's a girl!" we scream. They all come forward to hug us and congratulate us. "I knew it'll be a girl" Maya says rubbing it in Jason's face. Jason shrugs looking down. He hates loosing.

"I was thinking we should name her Lucy" Dave says to me and I laugh. "No please. I agreed to Lucy before cause she was a doll. That won't do for our baby" I say. He pouts but I ignore him.

*******************************************
So it's a girl!
The book is coming to an end. Just two or three chapters left and I'm not sure yet if there'll be a sequel. Should there be?
Thanks for your support guys 🤗
Vote and Comment
Mavi✨