Chapter 20

Chloé's POV

Since our exams finished, I haven't seen Dave and it's been two weeks. Lately, there was a shooting that broke out. The news said gangs and drug dealers were involved. It got so bad that we had to stay home for a while but now things have died down. Unfortunately, a 7-year old boy was hit by a stray bullet. I'm angry at Dave but now I'm more worried. His mom and sister came over once thinking he's staying with us and we're surprised to find out he wasn't. We're all worried about him.

I've been feeling sick lately and maybe it's because I'm just worried. Maya offered to take me to the hospital today and I agreed.

When we got to the hospital, there wasn't crowd so it got to my turn quickly. The doctor said I was fine and that I just have to run through some tests. We waited for thirty minutes at the lobby for our results.

"Miss Chloé" a nurse calls out loud. "That's me" I say to her. "Follow me" I follow her to the doctor today to see the results of my test.

"We have carried out some tests and you're fine." Okay? "So what exactly is making me feel sick and dizzy" I ask her.

"You're pregnant" the doctor says. I look at Maya and back at the doctor. "I'm what?!" I shout. "Calm down." The doctor says and hands me the results of the test to see for myself. I am pregnant?!

I'm about to go to college. How can this happen to me. It was a mistake and I did it just once.
My parents will kill me. I can't have an abortion and I can't give my baby up for adoption. I have to raise this child by myself. I don't even know where the father is.

I walk out of the office and Maya follows me. "What are we going to do now?" She asks me when we get into the car. I start to cry. How should I know?!

When I get home I run to my room and lock my door not even letting Maya in. I decide to go on social media to get my mind busy. That's when I see that a drug dealer has been caught. And it's Dave's picture. What the hell is going on. I run downstairs and put on the tv. Taking it to the news.

Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy but I ignore it. "Breaking news. A drug dealer that is suspected to be involved in the shoot out has been caught. He has been identified as Dave Gayns." The broadcaster says. The room starts spinning. I fall to the ground and the place gets darker.

"Chloé! Chloé!" I hear screams and soon I hear nothing.

When I open my eyes, I see I'm in the hospital. Everyone is in the room with me. Mom, dad, Molly, Eva, Jason and even Maya. The doctor comes in and tells everyone to go out except my parents.

I realize this is a different hospital than the one I came to earlier. They probably found out I was pregnant and that's what the doctor wants to say. I close my eyes and wait for him to spill it.

"From the tests that were carried out, your daughter is pregnant so she shouldn't be stressed out from now on." The room is quiet. "Pregnant?!" My dad finally says breaking the silence. "Yes sir" the doctor says and walks away.

Then my parents turn to me. Oh boy. "What does he mean by you're pregnant Chloé!!" My mom shouts.

"I'm sorry mom, dad. At the party I went to Dave and I got drunk and one thing let to another. I didn't mean it" I explain, crying. My dad storms out of the room.

"I trusted you Chloé. You're an embarrassment" my mom says and storms out too. My cries get louder. I didn't mean too. Maya comes in to comfort me but I tell her I want to be alone.

I'm pregnant for a drug dealer in police custody. I cry myself to sleep.

When I wake up the next morning, I see my mom and dad talking to the doctor at the corner of the room. When they notice I'm awake, they begin to walk towards me.

"How are you doing" the doctor asks me. This time around it's a female doctor. "I'm fine" I say, my voice hoarse. My mom hands me a glass of water and I drink it.

"I was just telling you're parents that you can go home today" she tells me. I smile at her and she smiles back then walks out. What's up with doctors. They're talking one minute and walking out the next.

My mom sits on the bed with me. She looks like she's going to cry then she hugs me and I hug her back. I couldn't hold my tears back and started crying.

"We know it was a mistake. Even though we're  a little bit disappointed we still love you and we will support you all the way. I'm sorry for what I said earlier" mom says to me.

"It's okay mom. I understand. I'm the one to apologize." I say. My dad joins in the hug and everyone comes in and joins too.

Soon enough, I get discharged and we all go home. Jason came to me to apologize for being careless with his contacts if not Dave wouldn't have gotten into this.

According to the news, he didn't have anything to do with the death of the young boy and was bailed out today. I don't care what happens to him anymore. I'm going to keep on avoiding him at school tomorrow and I'm not going to tell him about my pregnancy. He didn't trust us enough to share his problems with us. My dad would have willingly paid for the hospital bills but instead he had to go into drugs. And now the whole world knows him for that.

I force myself to sleep but I still find myself awake. What would I do now that I'm pregnant? Will I go to college? Should I just leave this state or even the country?

I suddenly remember about Lucy and how Dave and I were good parents. We had the highest score for that project. I smiled at that. But taking care of a doll is different from taking care of a human being. With that I fell asleep.

*****************************************
So Chloé is pregnant‼️
I feel her parents took it well. If it were me I'd have died the day they find out😂😂
Why don't we share what will happen if we're in Chloé's shoes.
Vote and Comment
Mavi✨