Chapter 25

Months later
I'm in the parlor eating chicken nuggets. My favorite. My dew date was yesterday so we're just waiting for the baby to decide to be born.

The nursery was decorated and arranged by Jason and Dave.

We have everything ready

We have everything ready. Diaper bag is set for when I fall into labour. There's a baby car seat in my car. We have decided on a name too.

Maya and Jason are in school now but promised to fly home when the baby is born. I take online classes for this year but I'll go to school proper from next year. I'd have shed the fat and my mom doesn't mind taking care of the baby 24/7.

"You've been quiet. What are you thinking of?" Dave asks me. He has stayed over with his sister for two weeks now. He refused to leave my sight. It's annoying and cute at the same time.

"Nothing. I need to get some water" I say dropping my bowl of chicken nuggets on the couch. On my way back I realize liquid drop between my legs. My water just broke. "Dave! I think I've fallen into labour!" I shout. He runs towards me looking scared.

"Take me to the hospital" I say. He walks me to the car and runs back to the house to get the diaper bag. My parents are out with my sisters.

On the way I called my dad and put him on speaker. "Dad. We're on the way to the hospital." I say to the phone. "What?! Are you okay?" Dad asks sounding worried through the phone.

I scream as another contraction hits. "She's in labour" Dave says. I'm in too much pain to respond.

"We're on our way" dad says and cuts the phone. When we get to the hospital, a nurse comes and assists Dave in taking me in. I'm taken to a room and told to wait for a doctor.

When I see Dr. Lisa come in, I'm glad it's her cause I'm already familiar with her. I'm still wondering why I'm not in the labour room. I want to get this over with.

"Take it easy Chloé. We need to know the time intervals between your contractions. And how dilated you are. Once your fully dilated which is about 7cm, you'll be taken to the labour room." She says. I nod my head trying to understand what she said when I feel a sharp pain from my tummy and scream.

Dave comes to my side and holds my hands trying to sooth me. Two hours later, I'm transferred to the labour room, already fully dilated. When Dr. Lisa comes in this time she's fully kitted with apron and gloves.

"Take a deep breath and get ready to start pushing" she says to me. Here it goes. Dave holds my hands again.

"I'm here okay. Take it easy." He says to me. "Push!" The doctor says and I put in all my effort. Three pushes later, she stops. "I understand this is your first pregnancy but you need to put in more effort. We can't even see the head yet" she says. Seriously?! I'm trying my best!

"Come on magnet. You can do this. For our baby" Dave reassures. "Push!" I put in all my strength this time around. Dave screams with me for some reason. I think I pressed his hand to hard. Oops.

"That was good. We can see the head. Push!" The doctor says again. Five pushes later I hear a cry fill the room. "Congratulations. It's a baby girl!" The doctor says and hands her over to a nurse to get her cleaned up.

After that everything goes blank.

When I wake up, my parents and sisters are in the room. Dave's sister too. "She's awake!" Eva shouts but is silenced by my mom. "Don't wake up the baby" mom says and I realize she's carrying my baby. I stretch out my hand without saying a word and my mom places her in my hands. Tears fill my eyes.

She's still pink from blood. Her legs her folded, just the way she was in the womb. Her eyes open and I see they're blue just like her dad. But her hair is reddish brown like mine but a little bit redder. She might become ginger haired.

The tears in my eyes drop on her soft pink blanket and she smiles. My little angel. My world. My everything.

I can't tell who she looks like yet but with time, I will. A nurse comes in giving me a glass of warm water and telling me to breast feed the baby. I do just that and she falls back to sleep. Mom takes her from me and places her in the little crib in the hospital room.

"She looks like me" Rielle says proudly causing everyone to laugh. "She has blue eyes like you but looks like me." Molly says and the laugh gets louder. "Shush" I say to them not wanting to wake the baby up.

I wonder were Dave is. A man comes in with Dave few minutes later. Speaking of the devil but this time it was a thought so.. thinking of the devil?. "We need the details of the child. Her name." The man asks.

Dave and I already agreed on a name. "Andrea Maddison Gayns." I say. I chose Andrea for her first name. Maddison is the name of Dave's mother and we decided to giver her his surname.

He writes it down and leaves. "Where have you been?" I ask Dave. "I went to get you more chicken nuggets" he says smiling and handing it to me. It's time to finish what I started.

*****************************************
The baby is here. Andrea🥺
And it's so cute they gave her Dave's mom's name.
What do you think?
Vote and Comment
Mavi✨