United We Stand

Pacific Ocean
1312 Hours
Day 18
18:13:12:07

Still moving towards the ship, everything filtered out inside your head. There was only one objective now.

Stop that nuke from reaching its target.

At any cost.

The belligerents close to Orochi clutched their ears, human or animal, as your jet roared overhead to climb after the missile, afterburner glowing red hot. You switched the weapons to air to air missiles as you gave chase. Different voices managed to register as you remained focused on the goal.

"What a malevolent presence." Illustrious declared, for once in a tone with nothing but revulsion for the weapon of mass destruction.

"Where is it headed?" Wales demanded. "Wait, it can reach the base from here?!"

"Destroy the enemy unilaterally from as far as possible." Amagi said simply. "That is the natural evolution of weaponry. The power to annihilate the enemy's headquarters from across the ocean."

"Yes..." Akagi droned. "The power to repel those who seek to intrude on my love."

"Möbius 1! That missile is a cruise missile type! It's heading to Azur Lane Base! You're the only one who can intercept!" Sky Eye's distant voice echoed from your headset.

The missile arched over into level flight as it began to hurtle towards the Azur Lane Base. Closer.... lock on stupid short range missiles!

"No. He's not the only one."

A glint of yellow caught your eye to the right. It was Enterprise riding one of her Wildcats, her eyes and a surrounding aura glowing yellow. However she did it did not matter then. What mattered was that some way somehow, you had a wingman for this one. You both closed in on the nuke at supersonic speeds.

"Come on... lock on..." You said to your missiles. As if to answer the plea, a growling sound reached your ear.

"I got tone! I got tone! Fox Two!"

The Sidewinder left your right wing, catching up to the nuke. You had it. You had it!

BOOM!

A streak of grey and red light flew into the Sidewinder, destroying the missile. The cause of which showed itself a split second later. Purifier, accompanied by more drones got ahead of you, facing the two of you.

"Let's play, Commander and Enterprise!" She laughed.

"Out of our way!" You shouted in return, rolling to dodge an incoming plasma shot. It grazed the belly of the jet, but did not hit a critical area. Or so it seemed.

You fired again. But instead, another drone flew into its path, sacrificing itself like its mechanical brethren. Now, there were no missiles left. The only hope now was.... Enterprise. She had enough range to do it, and she was a ship. But Purifier was in the way. And as soon as you flipped to guns, the HUD relayed a damning message.

GUN OFFLINE

That shot had destroyed the gun pod on your belly. There were no weapons left. But you could not give in. There had to be a way to get Purifier away. Maybe...... yes. She couldn't just shrug that off could she?

The throttle lever went to full afterburner.

"Come here Enterprise!" Purifier shouted, closing on Enterprise to hit her point blank.