Crescendo

Azur Lane Base
Crescendo of Polaris Event
1245 Hours
Day 166
166:12:45:13

At this point, it probably should not have been too surprising that they had okay'd Akashi's singing competition, or at least exhibition. At least this one had slightly more justification by the fact that the cat was going to modify the rigging for some participants.

When the announcement came out, many ship girls signed on. Some like San Diego were not surprising in the least. Yet to your surprise, the more serious people also joined in like Enterprise and Yamato. So there was a considerable line up. In fact, you decided that if this was going to be a music festival that you would have plans of your own. That of course was kept to yourself and Belfast.

So right now, you were watching at the front row of a newly assembled arena with a stage at the center. Decorations were present, but they were kept to a more naval theme than anything else.

The audience consisted of pretty much the entire Azur Lane Fleet, the base personnel and selected and vetted people from off base. This was also a rare occasion to ditch the uniforms and don more casual attire.

"Welcome all to the Crescendo of Polaris! I am your number one, San Diego!" The red head announced through the speakers. "We will begin in fifteen minutes! Until then, enjoy some of the Commander's favorite scores!"

With that, the speakers began playing several favorites from soundtracks.

You took that time to simply relax and enjoy the music. Until at last, the piano marked the end of the last selection and the curtains rose for the opening song of Crescendo of Polaris. Surprising no one, it was San Diego clad in an idol outfit and began singing. Amazingly, she was doing so in Japanese.

"Thank you! Thank you! Let's begin this Crescendo! Give it up for the destroyers!" San Diego cried.

Next came the four destroyer friends that represents the unity between the main four. Laffey, Javelin, Z23 and Ayanami went up together. Not surprisingly, they wanted to do their own performance, even donning their muse outfits in the process.

Then followed a surprising song from the shy carrier herself. Yet you could tell she was reluctant to start, and the gradual silence was not helping her. Big brother time.

"Come on Unicorn! You got this!"

You began cheering and encouraging Unicorn and the crowd gradually followed suite, building the simple cheers into a roar. The sibling figure, or arguably daughter figure, mustered the courage and delivered her performance, also in Japanese.