Weapons

Coastal Siberia, Arctic Ocean
KMS Frederich der Große
0846 Hours
Day 89
89:08:46:11

You took one look at that bright light emanating from Omitter's rig. Clearly that was not anything good, even if one had never really seen science fiction. So that left only one response.

"SCATTER!"

Without waiting for a response, you rain towards and then jumped over the port side. A bright light briefly flashed behind you, but more importantly, something stopped your fall into the frozen waters. You could feel someone's arm wrapped around you. And the clothing was laden with fur.

"I've got you, Comrade Commander." Sovetskya Rossiya declared. No sooner had she finished the sentence did a much brighter flash of light brighten the spot where Frederich's ship had been. Judging by the consistent intensity, that plasma beam was following you. And it was an obvious idea to look at the water rather than right at it. On the plus side, it was warming up the air considerably.

Rossiya, accompanied by the other ship girls Belfast, Frederich, Bismarck, Pennsylvania and Amagi, returned fire. The Russian Battleship loosed her hold enough for you to turn around to face forward. The main shells were designed to hit surface units. Therefore they missed the airborne target. Anti-aircraft flak landed closer to Omitter, but shrapnel had no effect. It also was not helping that she was moving evasively too.

"Well that's just great." You grumbled. "Rossiya, how long till she fires again?"

"Approximately one minute." She answered. "She also uses technology to throw off our aim when she prepares to fire."

"We must get you to safety, Commander." Amagi added, forming up on starboard.

"Negative." You replied.

"I'm afraid the Commander will not retreat as long as we are capable of fighting." Belfast elaborated to the others, joining on the port side.

"That and we made an accord. We said we would help you and I'm a man of my word." You declared.

"Then you have a plan, Kommandant?" Bismarck, in the position aft of the formation and those already well familiar with you had begin to deduce just that.

"Working on it. Keep engaging the fleet and close the distance. She's obviously slow when that thing's firing. The closer we get, the harder it will be for her to track us, and I will also be able to provide supporting fire. All fleet units: Charge!"

In other words, Omitter's toy meant that there was really only one way to counter it without running away. In fact, you doubted that Omitter's would let Azur Lane retreat now that she knew you were present, given the Siren's apparent target fixation. So that left the only option left: charge.

"Da."

"Yes Commander."

"Jawhol, Herr Kommandant."

"Hai."

The formation turned starboard to close the distance against the Siren. Mentally, you were counting down time to fire. The other units at Omitter's disposal also advanced towards their opposition in turn. The two sides met and began to engage each other at extremely close range. Certainly a deadly game, but the ship girls were far more experienced and nimble than Siren opposition.

"This is a bold plan, Comrade Commander." Rossiya admitted.

"This is reckless." Tallinn grumbled, disposing of a Scavenger clone with point blank fire from her guns.