Unto the Breach

Saipan
Day 97
0911 Hours
97:09:11:11

After securing Saipan through well coordinated assaults from the ship girls, naval vessels and Marine units, Saipan had been captured. The base secure, Dr. Yostar was flown in along with the corpse of Observer Alpha. Roon continued her security detail of her precious doctor to a zealous degree. More importantly was the arrival of the means for the Siren defeat.

So you were standing on the tarmac of the recaptured airport alongside Sovetskaya Rossiya, Belorussiya, Enterprise and Akagi watching the aircraft's arrival. A modest Russian transport carried the most powerful single weapon mankind had ever created on its own. It flew under heavy escort by two SU-57 Felons who only pealed off after final approach and circled ready to fight immediately.

The transport taxied and then came to a stop close to your position tail end facing you, and shut down the engines. The ramp lowered and revealed the contents inside. Admiral Trekovsky and Sovetskaya Soyuz. Behind them was the doomsday weapon. A 100 megaton modernized modification of the Tsar Bomba, fitted to one of their ICBM rockets. Flanking the wheeled cargo were Russian soldiers. From their heavy gear and appearance, they had to Spetsnaz. Guard detail for one of Russia's secrets.

"Commander (Y/n)." Admiral Trekovsky greeted you with your position.

"Admiral."

"Hmmm. So this is how it is to meet the Comrade Commander face to face." Soyuz remarked. "Is everything in order?"

"Rossiya and Belorossiya will carry it to our delivery vehicle." You answered. "Dr. Yostar should have reverse engineered the portal tech soon. He estimates four hours."

"Good." Admiral Trekovsky acknowledged. "The Spetsnaz will escort the weapon to your delivery vehicle. Once they've returned, we'll be on our way."

"Is this him?" A female voice asked from the aft end of the missile.

https://azurlane

https://azurlane.netojuu.com/w/images/1/1d/Kronshtadt.png

"Da Kronshtadt. This is the Comrade Commander." Soyuz confirmed.

"I see. Be grateful Comrade Commander, for the Soviet Union has seen fit to entrust their greatest weapon to you."

Trekovsky and the other Russian ships glared harshly in Kronshtadt's direction.

"Soviet Union?" Enterprise raised her eyebrows. "Didn't they break up a long time ago?"

"Uhhh, yes! Of course! My mistake. I forget things are different outside the Northern Parliament. The Soviets did break up." Kronshtadt said hastily.

'Yes. That's what you want us to think.' You thought, accompanied by a mental eye roll.

Having a whole database be uploaded to your head had its advantages. After all, it was what gave you the intel to know about the modernized Tsar Bomba in the first place.