Opening Moves

Coastal Siberia
Bear Base
0356 Hours
Day 89
89:03:56:21

Waking up prior to Belfast's wake up call was a standard routine. What was not routine was the somewhat cooler than usual outside air. Belfast had known you well enough that she had the thermostat set to the perfect temperature. So it was a noticeable difference when it was a little chillier. Then again, military training made you shrug. It could be worse. Besides, you still had about four minutes before Belfast would appear. So why not rest in these blankets and pillow?

So soft.

So...... fluffy?

.....

Huh. Deja vû.

But.... Akagi was not here. Her yandere tendencies were there, but she knew you would not be happy with her if she smuggled herself instead of remaining in the vicinity of Sakura Empire and the base to protect it.

So was it Amagi? True, you could say you and the elder sister were close, but this would be rather bold for her. Not that it would be a bad thing for the sweet hearted kitsune to be using her tails, or grow closer still. Akagi approved so.... Focus (Y/n)!

You opened your eyes. Nothing but metal rafters in one of the officer quarters. You could also hear soft breathing. Slowly you turned your head to look and see who it was. White fur. Kaga was not here, nor would she do this, which left only one that wore a blue kimono.

Shinano.

Her tails were wrapped around you. They were evidently so desirable that Shinano herself cuddled one of them. Her ears twitched. It was cute to see, but something needed to be done about why she was there.

"Ahem." You cleared your throat. The fox girl stirred. Her eyes opened up slowly.

"*Yawn*... Shikikan..... good morning...." She droned.

"To you as well. But what exactly are you doing in my bed Shinano?" You whispered. You were not sure how soundproof the walls were. No need to wake up the Russian personnel in the building.

"It's...cold." She replied. "And I *yawn* needed to investigate an urgent matter."

"And that would be?"

"In the Sakura Empire, ...... I have been elevated to a.....spiritual significance. Nagato is especially eager to hear..... of my visions in my near constant slumber or trance, especially if I awaken." Shinano elaborated. "In fact.... such visions were a pivotal reason for Sakura Empire's alliance with you. Akagi and Kaga's dark path into an abyss interrupted by bright light. A figure known only as Shikikan."

"Okay.... So I awakened you and Nagato saw that as the reason to ally with me. Any others?"

"Yes. After your triumph against Orochi, the abyss turned into an ohka tree. And I was granted a gaze into the thoughts of our sworn enemies. Observer Alpha...... Arbiter Hermit.... and Empress......"

Shinano's Dream

(Author's Note: Fair Warning: Whoever said dreams, even visions, were supposed to be serious?)

The mentioned Sirens began circling around, facing the ground and tilting oddly, almost like they were dancing to something.