Migration

Azur Lane Base
McClusky Airfield, Commander's Hangar
0953 Hours
Day 86
86:09:53:02

"Walk around's good. Wings of Azur is ready." You said to the ship girls present. This was the leaders of the commissions, senior ships as well as Unicorn.

"Safe journey, (F/n)." Yorktown offered a hug that you accepted, joined by Enterprise. In the latter's case, a goodbye kiss was in order. Atago also went for the same, albeit more tight in embrace. Hood maintained a lady's demeanor.

"Eugen, you're going up with me." You said, tossing a helmet. Prinz Eugen raised her eyebrows as she caught it.

"Oh? You vant me zat close Liebling?" She mused, savoring Akagi and company's imminent or subtle chagrin.

"You said you wanted to fly with me, and you have some experience." You said with a smirk, calling back to when the two of you along with Graf Zeppelin were in a dogfight. It seemed like so long ago. "I hope you paid attention to Amagi's advice."

"Ja. Vat about mein gear?"

"I remember you ejecting just fine without it."

"Right."

As she stepped towards the Advanced Super Hornet, you turned to the others.

"Every keep focused, and I'll see you back here soon."

"Yes, Commander."

"Jawohl, Herr Kommandant."

"Hai, Shikikan."

The ship girls dispersed. Some headed for the transport aircraft. Others went for the docks to depart. Still others would return to headquarters to take over in the interim. You went to your jet to mount up.

As she was the WSO, Eugen went up first. This was a fact not lost on the flirty cruiser either.

"Like vat you see, Liebling?" She teased.

"If you mean the airfield, yes. There will be a time and place for that."

"Sometimes, your gentleman disposition spoils all ze fun."

You climbed up now that she was in her seat. "What's better? Build up or instant gratification?"

"Don't make a girl a promise-"

"I will keep it." You declared, settling into the cockpit. The usual checks and startup went along while Manjuu's under Unicorn's guidance towed the aircraft outside.

"Tower, Tower. This is Commander (L/n), callsign Blitz 1. Radio check, over."

"Solid copy, Blitz 1. We have you Lima Charlie."

"Roger Tower. Request taxi and clearance for departure."

The usual banter and process played out. The fighter made it to the runway in minimal time. You waved to Unicorn before you did so.

"Blitz 1, you are cleared for takeoff. Unrestricted climb authorized."

"Unrestricted climb?" Eugen asked.

"You'll see."

Evidently, Eugen had not experienced immediate climb after takeoff, for she yelped out in surprise when the jet snapped upward after rotation and lift off. Then you rolled inverted and leveled out at Angels 10.

Eventually, you formed up to escort the C-17's bearing your team and the Aleutian Islands commission. You rolled once in front just for a little thrill.

Really, not much activity happened en route to the Sakura Empire's home islands to the north. So when you reached the island in the afternoon, you decided to do something about the boredom.