Cold Waters

Coastal Siberia
Bear Base
0359 Hours
Day 90
90:03:55:11

This time, the sensation of a fluffy pillow and covers was expected. So was the fact that two warm bodies were on either side. On one, there was the pride of a nation. Since they had been thus far alike in appearance and timidity when it came to relations, you could say you were already harboring similar views of Bismarck that you had of Enterprise. And judging by her peaceful rhythm, Amagi had gotten better.

And just to add to the comfort, at least that was the hope, you made to softly scratch Amagi's fox ears. They twitched. Amagi moaned softly in her sleep.

The door opened to mark the arrival of Bel.

"Good Morning, Commander."

The two heavy surface units stirred awake. Where Amagi kept her composure, Bismarck rang true to your predictions thus far when she went red.

"G-Guten Morgen Kommandant." She managed to get out.

"To all of you as well." You replied.

"A message from Northern Parliament is also addressed to you, Commander. To access the Sanctum, they have made arrangements ihr your superiors for us to board the USS Virginia." Belfast informed everyone.

"An American submarine? I thought Rossiya said we'd be using a Russian sub?" You pointed out.

"Sovetskya Rossiya explained that while they believe you trustworthy enough to access the Sanctum, access to one of their submarines is another matter. The Virginia was the same one that delivered your weapon, so it was best suited to be here. However, the Russian submarines will providing support." Belfast relayed as the reasoning for this change.

"We will be traveling via submarine?" Amagi asked. She had not been present when Rossiya made her declaration.

"Yes. I'll need you to get everyone to the dock when you're ready." You said to Bismarck and Amagi. They nodded. The cuddling session was over. It was time to get to work.

Azur Lane Base
Research and Development Lab
0830
Day 90
90:08:30:12

It had been quite a busy few days. Since there was not much activity present at the base proper, the acting leaders for each faction decided it would be best to perform any additional repairs or maintenance on the fleet, especially refurbishment. Since that lack of activity affected the Pazifik Korps as well, Max was more than happy to focus on the work.

A number of these repairs were quick and simple replacements. Just remove the component, put a new one in and perform any operational check as needed. A good amount of those were changing out the anti-aircraft guns on ship girls for better WWII counterparts like the Bofors.

Then there was the heavy stuff, literally. Even with the quick and efficient assistance of Manjuu's, it took Max a while to change out entire gun turrets or torpedo tubes. Anti torpedo bulges were worst. Putting a ship in dry dock and welding them in extremely rapid succession on was a pain. Regardless, Vestal repeatedly praised him for his work and leadership for the Manjuu's.

But today, Max was here to track down the one in charge of research and development. When it was developed there, Vestal would have to give her approval before it was added to a ship girl. But the developer in question was Akashi.

Max had been warned about the cat's scheming habits. He'd seen the merch for himself. Anything seemed worthy enough to sell to that repair ship, including posters of the Commander. In fact, Max had seen a recently returned Akagi browsing them feverishly. Here, he was at the door to the building visiting on Vestal's behalf in the development of 533 mm Magnetic torpedoes.