Fury

KMS Bismarck
Coastline
1543 Hours
Day 81
81:15:43:23

Ironblood shells blasted away at Bismarck's target. The one advantage of dabbling into Siren technology that even the most wary of Azur Lane would agree with was gaining better intelligence on their enemy. To that end, she and Frederich der Große concluded that the source for the tropical storm covering the Siren Advance had to with similar technology in their research. This allowed her to search and identify the Siren Carrier that was the source.

And thanks to the Kommandant's command, she had pushed through with her allies. The storm above the enemy wreck was dissipating.Soon her human allies would be able to bring their full strength to bear on the attackers.

"Jäger 1-1 to Leonidas Actual. Target destroyed, Herr Kommandant."

No response came from the Kommandant. All she had was the frantic chatter of her fellow ship girls.

"Jäger 1-1 to Leonidas Actual. Kommandant, respond."

Prinz Eugen looked back to Bismarck. For once, the sly expression on the cruisers' face was gone. For the first time she had known her, Bismarck saw genuine worry on Eugen's face. She was not the only one.

"Shikikan-sama? Shikikan-sama!" Akagi chimed in, ignoring communication protocol in her anxiety.

"Leonidas Actual, this Eagle 1. Do you copy? Commander? Leonidas 2 thru 4 do you have visual on Actual?" Enterprise demanded.

"Negative all." Pennsylvania's voice came in. "It's a mess beachside."

"Wait! Leonidas 3 has visual on Arbiter!" Hood called out. "Engaging!"

"No! Yameru!" Atago screamed. "She's carrying a body. It's Shikikan!"

IJN Akagi
Coastline
1544 Hours
Day 81
81:15:44:07

Akagi froze when the message from one of her competitors came through.

It was not true. It could not be true! Atago was lying! She just wanted Shikikan to herself!

But..... in the middle of a fight? She and Atago may have been excited at the prospect of doing things with Shikikan, but that was a step too far even for that dog. Not to mention Shikikan would most certainly not approve or most importantly consent to any scheme like that.

But if Atago was not lying, then did that mean.......

"Leonidas 4 confirming visual! Stand down! Don't shoot!" That one random battleship named after one of the infinite provinces of Eagle Union confirmed.

The Sirens had abducted her Shikikan?

"She's heading out to sea. We're going to lose her." Pennsylvania added.

"Wait.... she went through a portal!" Hood exclaimed. "They're gone."

They had taken Shikikan-sama?

Her enemies had taken Amagi's savior?

Those pests!

Those revolting, lying pests! They dared?! Oh they did! They DARED to take Akagi's soulmate from her?!

KMS Bismarck
Coastline
1601 Hours
Day 81
81:16:01:52

Bismarck had steeled herself for many things. The horrors of battle. The very real possibility of death. The loss of fellow ships that were not strong enough.

But none of that prepared her for the display in front of her. Prinz Eugen had lost her composure completely. She was hugging a recently arrived Frederich tightly. Before her face was buried, Bismarck could see tears from the oh so confident cruiser. It was sight that shook the battleship on the inside.