Clash

Unknown Seas
0719 Hours
Day 16
16:07:19:08

"Azur Lane, welcome to Akagi's sea." Said the third person speaking kitsune. As she said this, bright red portals opened up to show more Siren ships, most of which were the Rook class aircraft carrier. At first, confusion continued to reign with you and the allied fleet.

"Bandog? Bandog, respond!" You said into your mic, despite knowing that whatever was going on made the chances for contact unlikely. There would be no AWACS to work with. But your allies could be a different story. They were here. The radio better work properly.

"Task Force Halsey. Task Force Halsey. Someone talk to me." You sent to your allied fleet. You did not have to wait for long.

"Commander! You're here!" Enterprise cried out in relief.

"Commander, it appears we've fallen into an ambush." Wales said calmly, a sharp contrast to the next person who chose to speak up.

"It's a trap!" Came the cliche cry by Cleveland.

"No kidding. Very astute, Knight 1." You said sarcastically to that one.

"What do we do?" Hornet came in with the next obvious matter at hand.

"What else?" You said with your resignation to the situation and steeling your resolve. "Engage. Remember the objective for this fight. Clear a path to Akagi."

"Understood. Enterprise, engage!" Enterprise helped in rallying the fleet with her battle cry.

Within seconds, the two parties began to engage each other. You yourself were not happy with your luck. Your aircraft had been configured for reconnaissance. And because of that last engagement with Prinz Eugen and Graf Zeppelin, you were down to one heat seeker and only so many rounds in the gun. Your jet, and by extension yourself, were not very useful in direct action for this one.

Your best bet was to fly above and coordinate while you picked out a perfect shot when the opportunity presented itself. Said coordination started with the opening aircraft attack.

"Siren drones launching, heading right at the vanguard." You called in. "Focus your AA on them. Carriers get a CAP up and send your attack planes to knock out those carriers."

"Go forth, Royal soldiers!" Queen Elizabeth called to her subjects, prompting the Royal Navy Vanguard and Eagle Union ships attached to them to advance forward to close the gap. Wildcats and Spitfires quickly made an intercept for the drones. Drones and propeller planes began falling from the sky, just pieces of metal however.

"Elegance isn't just for show." Hood quipped as her and the heavy hitters in the fleet opened fire on the Siren ships on the surface. The big guns of the battleships and battlecruisers managed to land solid hits on the Siren Fleet, prompting fireballs to appear on the flight decks of the Siren carriers. The standard ships had just lost their ability to launch any more jets.

"Good hit, good hit Heavies." You acknowledged them before noticing a danger from the surviving drones.

"County 3-1! County 3-1! Drones closing fast!" You shouted to the named ship, the loli cruiser Norfolk.

"Oh no!" The named cruiser squeaked out as the planes closed the gap on their chosen target.

"I got it. Leave it to me." The Eagle Union destroyer escort, Eldridge stepped in.