happiness pt. 2

it had been 15 days , since Lili had gone.

no one knew where she was, or if she was safe.

her friends, family, boyfriend, everyone tried to track her, but they all failed.

they all were living in worry.

especially cole.

he wasn't able to calm himself down, he was hardly sleeping, always on his toes to try and find where she was.

but on the 15th day, Amy, Lili's mom received a voice mail from her, saying that she was okay, and no one had to worry about her.

cole was a little relieved, that at least she was fine.

after that day, amy received a voice mail after almost every 3 days, updating her, that she's okay.

after receiving every voice mail, she used to call cole and inform him.

he was grateful that over the years they were together, he developed a good relationship with amy.

she trusted him and understood that even he was worried about Lili.

he was like the son she never had, and to cole she was the mother he never had.

one day, when amy called cole, he was in the middle of a nervous break down, something that was very often for him, after Lili went

amy calmed him down, and he read out the letter she wrote him.

" cole, she's right, you should move on with your life, find someone" amy said, concerned for him, as much as it broke her heart to say that to the guy his daughter was in love with, she had to, for him.

" i can't believe i'm hearing this from you, you know how much i love her, not in a million years can i ' move on' from her amy, whenever she comes back, even if it's after 10 years, i'll still take her with open arms" he said crying a little.

" she has done really wrong with you, she shouldn't have gone"

" if that's what makes her happy, helps bring her some calm, then i guess we both should be okay with it"

" what about your happiness?"

" mine will return as soon as she comes back" he said with a smile.

" cole, that's not how it works, just like Lili said, you need to learn to be happy without her too"

" i don't think that's humanly possible for me"

" it is. and from today onwards no more sad talks, you'll tell me something which made you happy everyday, and if you don't reply with something which is not Lili, i'll ground you"

cole laughed.

" okay"

" yes, good, if you want i can fly to vancouver for you"

"that won't be necessary, but thanks.
i promise you, i'll try to live again"

" good"

and then they talked a little more.

while Lili was travelling the world, trying to find herself, amy was putting together the pieces of cole's life.

it had been two months.

and it was safe to say, cole had started behaving like a normal person again, busying himself with photo shoots, that did bring him joy.

he was doing the most favourite work of his.