" it was a joke!"

Lili PoV

My depression and anxiety have come like a bullet and have shot me hard.
My depression has been over the roof.

After an year or so it has come back this bad.

I don't feel like getting out of bed, I don't feel like seeing my phone, I just want to to sleep the whole day and do nothing.

Well thankfully we are off from shooting and I don't have to face anyone.

It's been 3 days since I've met Cole, even though we both are in New York.

He's been busy with photoshoots, and I have been busy with my anxiety.

I talked to him last night, but I just made small talk. I don't even know if he would be worried for me or not.

That's what depression and anxiety does to me, I overthink every thing.

I finally decided to check Instagram and Cole had sent a 'good morning' text like he does every morning after waking up.
It's sweet.
But that didn't even seem to light my morning up.

I was skipping through the Instagram stories and Cole had also put up one.

' Boyfriend: There's nothing in the world that I wouldn't do for you.
Girlfriend: aww, do you love me so much?
Boyfriend: Well what I meant was I am going to spend my life doing nothing for you'

With the caption:

'Me and My Babe'

That was more than enough to trigger my anxiety.

Calm down Lili it's just a joke.

Oh my god I can't believe him.
He will do nothing for me?
What are we doing in this relationship then?
I'll literally do anything for him, and he'll do nothing?

My mind was spiralling.

I decided to go and have a good shower to relax myself.

Cole PoV

I just put up the funniest pun, I've come across.
The caption is going to make everyone go crazy.
I had a good laugh about it.

I decided to go and meet Lili since it's been 3 days since we both have seen each other.
Yesterday when we talked on the phone, she seemed really tired and made small talk. I didn't push it assuming she's tired.

I drove down to her apartment and on the way got a coffee for her from Starbucks.

I opened the door, since she has given me a spare key to her apartment.

As soon as I entered the apartment, I heard the shower running.

I decided to go and sit on her bed and wait for her, while scrolling my phone.

After a good 15 minutes, the shower stopped.
She came out of the bathroom wrapped up only in her towel.
" OH MY GOD" She kind of screamed at me in shock.
" what's wrong" I asked her.
" WHATS WRONG! I am literally only in a towel" she said tightening her grip against her towel.
" it's not like I've never seen you naked before" I said.
" not funny Cole, I need to wear my clothes. Wait for me outside !" She said calming down a little.
" okay okay" I said and walked out of her room.
She kind of slammed the door.

I went and sat on the couch waiting for her.

Is she mad at me? Oh my god, yes she is mad at me! But what did I do?

She walked outside wearing her T-shirt and jogger's, which was weird.
She always wears my T-shirt and jogger's.

" are all of my T-shirts in the laundry" I asked her.
" no" she replied and started to make a coffee for herself.
" I actually already got you a coffee" I said pointing towards the counter which I'm guessing she didn't notice.
" oh" she said and grabbed the Starbucks cup and came and sat on the couch.
" thank you" she said in a low voice starting to sip the coffee.
" your welcome." I said and sat closer to her.

" you know, I really thought that you'd be asleep and I'll make you breakfast in bed and wake you up" I said.
" Oh really? I thought you'd spend the rest of your life doing nothing for me" she said in a pretty straight tone.

Then it struck me.

" it was a joke!" I said.
" oh yeah? Didn't seem like it!" She said.
" I swear it was a joke, it meant nothing" I said.
" you know what Cole, my anxiety has been over the roof, it hasn't been this bad in over an year. I am thinking of starting therapy again and hoping you would support me. Then you post a pun on how you would do nothing for me for the rest of your life. What am I supposed to think, huh?" She said.

It broke my heart to see what she has been struggling through since the past few days and I had no clue about it.

" I am so sorry Lils, I had no clue, I really am sorry." I said and hugged her.
" and for supporting you, of course I support you!" I said and kissed her hair.
" thank you" she said in her now sweet voice and kissed my shoulders.
I rubbed her back up and down.
" you okay?" I asked still hugging her.
" mmhmm" she said her voice cracking.
" it's okay" I said lightly in her ears as my lips met them.
I felt a tear roll down her face.
" hey" I said in a soothing voice.
" with all this anxiety, I don't know how and what to feel, sometimes I feel like breaking someone's face and the other time, I just want to keep crying." She said and I pulled her in for another hug.
" it's okay you can cry" I said and more tears rolled down her face, making my T-shirt wet.
" it's okay" I said rubbing her back.
We stayed like that for a little while.

" thank you Cole" she said.
" no need to thank me, I'll always be there for you" I said.
She softly kissed me and I kissed her back. She cupped my face with her hands.

I picked her up from her butt and took her to the kitchen and placed her on the counter top.
A little giggle escaped her lips.

" come on let's bake cookies" I said, knowing she loves baking.
" you are kidding right?" She said.
" does it look like I'm kidding?" I said taking out the ingredients from the fridge.

" you start, I'll be back in a second" I said and kissed her cheek before leaving to get the speaker.
I put her favourite songs from my phone and put the speaker in the kitchen.

" you are the best" she said to me smiling.
" well for the record I'm happy you are happy" I said and pecked her lips, I could feel her big grin on my lips.

We made cookies and placed them in the jar.
" you do know that I love you" I said as we both sat on the L-shaped couch.
" obviously" she said and pecked my lips, but I deepened the kiss.
I kissed her passionately and she pushed me on the couch while her legs straddled my torso.
I ran my hands through her back.

It was a really relaxed day in bed and we watched movies and shows the whole day.
Hopefully, her anxiety got a little better, which made me happy.

Thanks for reading!
This wasn't originally my idea, one of you sent it in!!