Chapter 23: The Aftermath

There were helicopter and pro heroes moving everywhere to get the injured people to safety as the sun was coming up. All Might and (Y/n) were still standing. (Y/n)'s whole body was screaming in agony.

Can I sleep now? I feel like I've done enough for today

(Y/n)'s eyes started to droop.

Mmmmm, I'm sleepy

(Y/n) struggled to keep their (e/c) eyes open. 

"(Y/n)? Are you okay?" asked All Might.

(Y/n) snapped their eyes open, "Y-Yes!"

All Might chuckled but his face soon turned serious. Both of them watched as All for One was being boarded to a Maiden.

"Oh, they're leading him into the Maiden right now!" exclaimed the reporter.

I'm glad that he is going to be behind bars. That way I don't have to worry about him causing too much trouble, but this wouldn't had happened if I didn't get captured last time...

"Next..."

(Y/n) turned towards All Might and saw him pointing straight at the camera.

"Next, it's your turn." stated All Might.

(Y/n)'s eyebrows furrowed. (Y/n) was about to take a step forward but soon their world turned black.

***

(Y/n)'s eyes snapped open. They quickly got up and scanned the room. There were machines connected to them. Their arms had bandages and their left hand was in a cast. White walls surrounding them and a sleeping Midnight. Her head laying on the bed while her hand was intertwined with theirs. (Y/n) noticed the dark circles that were under her eyes and the dried tear stains.

I've must of worried her...

(Y/n) patted her hair.

"I'm sorry. I feel like I've just been causing you trouble since I got here" whispered (Y/n).

There was a sudden knock on the door. The door open to reveal All Might. He had bandages around his face and his arm was in a sling.

"I don't mean to disturb but I wanted to check up on you" admitted All Might.

(Y/n) smiled, "I'm doing okay, I just woke up."

"It seems the surgery went well" said All Might.

"Surgery?" questioned (Y/n).

"You had to get surgery in your left arm after that stunt you pulled" said All Might.

Another person had came in and it was Gran Torino.

"You were pretty lucky. They were surprised your left arm didn't just turn into ashes from the amount of heat you put it through" sighed Gran Torino.

(Y/n) sweat dropped.

So my arm really could have came off...

Midnight started to squirm. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at (Y/n).

"Oh, it seems you'r-

Midnight lunged at (Y/n).

"(Y/n)!" sobbed Midnight.

(Y/n) stiffened but patted Midnight's back.

"I was so worried! I thought that I would never see you again! I'm sorry! I'm supposed to be watching over you but I couldn't protect you!" sobbed Midnight.

(Y/n) broke from the hug, "I should be the one apologizing. All I've done is cause you trouble. I promise that I will be more careful.

Midnight's tears started to fall faster and hugged (Y/n) once again. Once Midnight had calmed down, she sat next to (Y/n) on the bed. All Might and Gran Torino were sitting in the guest chairs.

"I almost killed Aizawa for not-

Midnight was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Come in!" called (Y/n).

A dog in a suit and a man with black hair with a pretty good build came in.

"Sorry to interrupt but I'm Kenji Tsuragamae and this is Naomasa Tsukachi. We are here to talk about your fight with All for One, woof" introduced Tsuragamae.

Midnight tighten her hold on (Y/n)'s hand, "Um, Okay? Have I done something wrong?"

"We are sorry to inform you, (L/n), but you won't be able to become a hero anymore" stated the dog.

".....What?" whispered (Y/n).

"Since you used your Quirk on someone else without a license, you are considered a villain for breaking the law. It is forbidden for anyone that doesn't have a license to use their Quirk without authority permission." explained dog man.

"A......villain?" asked (Y/n).

"I'm sorry (L/n) but there isn't anything to help you. I had hope things wouldn't end this way but you broke the law" apologized Naomasa.

"But I was tryin-

"You were trying to help, but that doesn't mean you did the right thing. I'm sorry (L/n), but we can't allow you to be a hero. It wouldn't set a good example for other people and if we let you go then everyone would also start using their Quirk without a license and that will lead to chaos. " explained Naomasa.

(Y/n) hesitated, "I, I understand."

"I'm glad we can come to an agreement, woof" with that Tsuragamae and Naomasa walked out the room.

It was quiet, no one dared to say a thing.

"(Y/n)....There are other ways to help people..." suggested Midnight.

(Y/n) sighed, "I know....but I'm not going to stop. I know I said that I would be more careful, Midnight but....I want to help people but not by healing injuries. I want to save people."

"You can try and become a police officer or a firefighter" suggested All Might.

"I can but it won't be the same. I want to keep doing what I've been doing" mumbled (Y/n).

Midnight rubbed their hand, "But you can't. if you did, you would be on the run daily."

"But...I want to save people. It would be worth it, wouldn't it? I don't care if I get recognized or mention. As long as I can save people, that's all I care about...." ranted (Y/n).

"Kid, do you realize what your suggesting?" warned Gran Torino.

"...yes.." hesitated (Y/n).

"If you choose to go down that path, just know that if one day you come paths with your classmates, they will be forced to see you as a villain" cautioned Gran Torino.

(Y/n) sighed, "I know but...I'm willing to risk that to save people that can't be saved. I'm pretty sure its going to be on the news soon. I'll just explain it to them and if they don't agree well.."

Midnight patted their head, "I don't agree that you should be doing this but I know I won't be able to stop you. Just promise me that you will be careful and that you won't jump into trouble without thinking first."

(Y/n) smiled, "I promise!"

***

(Y/n) was back at home with Midnight watching TV.

"There have been rumors recently that (Y/n) (L/n), also known as The Legend, will not be allowed to become a hero because they fought a villain without a license. Many of their fans have been enraged and call it injustice because they had saved All Might. It has been confirmed by the chief policeman that they will not be allowed to become a hero. Is it really okay to remove The Legend, when we don't have a symbol of peace?"

(Y/n) sighed, "Welp, that sure went out fast."

"Don't worry about it, (Y/n). Everyone will get over it soon" comforted Midnight.

I sure hope so...

Thank you for reading!

-Rilee