Chapter 18: What if...

Class 1-A  had decided to go the school's pool, except for (Y/n). Instead they were at home. Midnight decided to come over and cook lunch.

"(Y/n)! The food is ready!" called Midnight.

(Y/n) came out of their room and made their way towards the kitchen. They were having (f/f).

"(Y/n), why didn't you go to the pool with your friends today?" asked Midnight.

(Y/n) flinched," O-oh, um, I just didn't want to go out today."

Midnight raised their eyebrow," Did something happen between the class, again?"

(Y/n) shook their head," No, I just didn't want to go out today."

Midnight took a bite from their plate," You know, (Y/n). You don't have to tell me if you don't want to but if you're going to lie, at least look me in the eye."

(Y/n) flinched.

Was I that obvious? 

"Oh? I guess I was spot on." guessed Midnight.

(Y/n) sighed," D-do you know anything about my past?"

"About your past?" questioned Midnight.

(Y/n) nodded.

"Well, I just know the general stuff. About the foster program you were in and how you were treated in school but there is some information that I wasn't allowed to see. The only person I know that has that information is Principle Nezu" said Midnight.

"Principle Nezu?" asked (Y/n).

Midnight nodded," If there is someone you want to talk about your past I suggest you go with him."

"Do you know where he is right now?" asked (Y/n).

"I think he said something about having to prepare for the camp." recalled Midnight.

(Y/n) quickly finished their food and put their plate in the sink. They quickly went into their room and came out wearing a (f/c) hoodie and sweatpants.

"I'm heading out!" yelled (Y/n).

Midnight chuckled," They didn't even wait for dessert."

***

(Y/n) stood in front of the office door. (Y/n) knocked three times.

"Come in!"

(Y/n) slowly opened the door and on their desk was Principle Nezu.

"Ah! (Y/n)! How are you doing today?" greeted Principle Nezu.

"Um, I'm doing good. How are you?" greeted (Y/n).

"Good. Have a seat and I'll bring some tea" instructed Principle Nezu.

(Y/n) did as told and Principle Nezu quickly came back with tea and handed (Y/n) a cup.

"Thank you" thanked (Y/n).

Principle Nezu hopped onto the couch across from (Y/n).

"Now, what brings you here to my office?" asked Principle Nezu.

(Y/n) fidgeted with their hands," Um, I was told that you know some stuff about my past and that the other don't. Is that true?"

"Well, what stuff? I know a lot about you but maybe there is something that you don't want me to find out" teased Principle Nezu.

(Y/n) froze.

Does he also know everything? If so, what does he think about me?

"Are you worried about something, (Y/n)?" asked Principle Nezu.

(Y/n) nodded.

"I'm assuming it has to do with you killing those people when you were trying to escape your father, right?" guessed Principle Nezu.

(Y/n) hesitated, but nodded.

"I...I didn't mean to do I-it" teared up, (Y/n).

"I know you didn't it. You didn't have control of your Quirks and you were just trying to reach out for help" assured Principle Nezu.

"What, What if the others find out? What will they think of me?" (Y/n) thought out loud.

"What will you do when they find out?" asked Principle Nezu.

"I-

There was a knock on the door. (Y/n) jumped and quickly wiped away their eyes.

"Come in!" yelled Principle Nezu.

All Might came through the door.

"Oh! (Y/n)! It's good to see you!" exclaimed All Might.

(Y/n) forced a smile," Y-Yeah it's good to see you too."

"Principle Nezu! I would like to talk to you about a couple of things" stated All Might.

"I see that you guys need to talk, I'll take my leave" said (Y/n).

...

(Y/n) was walking out towards the entrance of the school. 

What will I do when they find out? Will they treat me differently? Of course they will! I killed people! But I didn't mean to... I was just scared. I didn't know what I was doing....

"(Y/n)!"

(Y/n) turned towards the voice and saw the girls running towards them. (Y/n) stiffened.

"U-um, hey! What are you guys doing here?" asked (Y/n).

"Did you forget? We went to the pool!" exclaimed Toru.

"O-oh, right" said (Y/n),"I have to get going. I'll see you later."

(Y/n) quickly rushed towards the exit. The girls were a bit stunned.

"Was it just me or does it seem that (Y/n) is acting a bit strange?" asked Jiro.

"Mhm" nodded the girls.

"Maybe they are still getting used to being in this new time" suggested Momo.

***

"You should tell them the truth, (Y/n). Before it becomes your death"

"What will you do when they find out?"

What will I do? Should I tell them? Will I become an outcast? I guess things would go back to normal, I guess. Everything will return on how things were before. 

(Y/n) sighed.

Am I ready for that? Am I ready for people to treat me like an outcast again? Am I ready to be alone again?

"You're always welcome to join us"

(Y/n) stopped walking and shaked their head.

What the fuck am I thinking?! I could never join them! I want to help people, I could never imagine myself hurting people, but I also feel that I shouldn't become a hero. I killed people and I know that I couldn't help it, but if only I had more control of my Quirks it would have never happened. What the fuck do I do?

(Y/n) arrived at their apartment and opened the door.

"I'm home" mumbled (Y/n).

"Welcome back!" greeted Midnight," Did you find what you were looking for?"

(Y/n) nodded," I'm going to be in my room."

"Oh, I was going to ask if you wanted to watch a movie" mumbled Midnight.

"Oh, okay. We can watch a movie" said (Y/n).

"Yes!" exclaimed Midnight.

(Y/n) smiled.

I'll worry about it when the time comes. For now I'm going to enjoy what time I have left with them